is it legal for minors to smoke legal substances?

Discussion in 'General' started by Bangu, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Hey gc people. I have a friend he is a minor. He is wondering if it is legal for minors to smoke legal substances? Like salvia, etc. Can he walk past the cops without being questioned? This is a very stupid question btw.

2. well if you smoke cigs and they see that your id says underage they will just throw it out i heard and fine whoevers with you if they gave you the cig

3. A "friend" eh?

As long as he doesn't look like he's 12 I doubt they will question him if he's smoking cigarettes, but walking around in public smoking salvia isn't the best idea - especially if you're near police. If he was tripping out in front of a cop he's most likely get sent to the hospital and have his stomach pumped unnecessarily.

You have to smoke it from a water pipe anyway and if you whip out a bubbler in front of a police officer you're pretty much asking for trouble.

4. I'm just going off a hunch here, but i'm guessing that you're the "friend." Yeah, most head shops that sell salvia and those substances ID you either when you enter, or whenever you ask to purchase something.

5. you can get a MIP for having like cigarettes or chew or even alcohol on you.

6. Hm yeah thanks. Got some great answers. No I'm not the friend.

7. Why the fuck would you walk by cops on salvia? That sounds like one of the worst ideas of all time lol. I mean, you gotta get the shit in a headshop, which are 18+...so yea I suppose it is....but I mean how would they know? I mean if they catch him even right after he does it, in 10 minutes he'll be completely fine and they won't do shit....

8. I have a few freinds that got court dates and shit for smokin cigs.

9. If the substance were not at all regulated by our government then technically it wouldn't be illegal regardless of age. however, the lighter to ignite said substance might be illegal to possess, depending on your location.

10. I don't know if you'd get a fine for it or anything, but I would love to see anyone regardless of age walk up to a cop and take a big hit of Salvia.

11. i think that would fall under the whole not being intoxicated in public thing