Is it just me??

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by DroMontesino, Sep 13, 2012.

1. [quote name='"Flurgen"']Until you do get to hit a quality tube, i don't see your perspective changing. I think that once people hit quality tubes, they understand why people dish out the money for them.

Ive had alot of people that only smoke from cheap china glass and then come hit something like a sg stemline and be just blown away. There really is a big difference between cheap tubes and high end.

Why buy Jordan/Nike/Adidas when you can get shoes from wal-mart for less than 1/4 of the price? ;)[/quote]

Lol this is true, I guess you got me there;-) but seriously, I've even hit 3+ft bongs. It just gives you a head rush that's gone in ten minutes. The name brands just manage to have less drag and cooler hits (if perc'ed etc). I feel no difference but I respect your opinion. I guess I'll need to hit an SG stem line to really know about the hype;-)

2. Any stemline would be a massive upgrade to whatever it is you're used to. Large bongs aren't necessarily better, but properly designed tubes are indeed better. There's no doubt about that.

3. [quote name='"Technyque"']Any stemline would be a massive upgrade to whatever it is you're used to. Large bongs aren't necessarily better, but properly designed tubes are indeed better. There's no doubt about that.[/quote]

I have my eye on a 20something inch inline stem bong at my local headshop. I think it's a toro but I only like it for the looks. I'm sure it hits like most other pipes. I grew up smoking spliffs. Haha I should do a rollers guide.

4. If you are a stoner who is worried about money and looking for straight up function than vaping is the obvious choice. I see my glass usage as a luxury. I do not attempt to get every last trichrome off the plant because I can afford to spend a little extra or more bud.

5. [quote name='"Joox"']If you are a stoner who is worried about money and looking for straight up function than vaping is the obvious choice. I see my glass usage as a luxury. I do not attempt to get every last trichrome off the plant because I can afford to spend a little extra or more bud.[/quote]

It's not really about the money in the sense that I can't afford it, it's more like I don't see whTs the point if it's all going to accomplish the same goal, get stoned;-) I was actually given a volcano vap a few years ago when my boy Zakry moved for a business opportunity in china back in 08. Lol he came back so I returned it to him since then. Is it just me or do those vap give a different hi? It almost seemed like a lighter, more clear hi. Any one else?

6. It is defiantly a luxury thing with glass, just as shoes or anything else people collect. But to say a cheap bong hits just as good as high end is simply not true. It is true that they will all give the same high.

Need to just find yourself a good stemline to hit and you will really know how high end glass is so much better. No need to find a SG, Apix makes ones that will hit just as good for about half the price, maybe a lil more. The hype around SG is that Steve puts out tubes that are 100% flawless, you simply can not find someone who can construct a glass tube like steve.

Good discussion goin on here :smoke:

7. Vapes deff give a different high. As does taking dabs vs flowers. When i dab alot, the high is so clean sometime it catches me off guard cause its doesn't put me down or anything.

After dabbing for a few days, i like to switch to flowers for a few, because they have different highs. After dabbing a few, a couple bong rips will get me straight riiipppped, which feels way different than dabs.

8. for someone like me..im more interested in the work than in percs. i still get high regardless of what i use..but i just dont see the type of work I like on $300 pieces..well sometime but its done pretty bad.

so for me im paying for the artwork... and i dont mean just a simple ring of color on the base and lip but.

9. It's always a plus to look good when taking tokes!!

10. Alot of people who say all pipes rip the same don't really know how to take a rip. They use a bong here and there and choke every single time. Gotta let your lungs build up a tolerance to the volume of smoke and get past that choking stage before you can even begin to judge how a tube rips IMHO.

11. [quote name='"Flurgen"']It's always a plus to look good when taking tokes!![/quote]

Lmao touché my friend

12. [quote name='"Tangerine Laugh"']for someone like me..im more interested in the work than in percs. i still get high regardless of what i use..but i just dont see the type of work I like on $300 pieces..well sometime but its done pretty bad.

so for me im paying for the artwork... and i dont mean just a simple ring of color on the base and lip but.[/quote]

And that's how I feel about sneakers lol so I totally understand now. But still, lol I won't spend that unless it's my one and only $300+ buy.

13. Cause for us it's not just something to get high out of. We buy expensive bongs because we appreciate the craftsmanship and the effort put into it. And besides, it's not like an expensive bong would get you any higher:rolleyes:

They make china bongs for people who don't want to spend money on a nice tube :D

14. [quote name='"Flurgen"']

Vapes deff give a different high. As does taking dabs vs flowers. When i dab alot, the high is so clean sometime it catches me off guard cause its doesn't put me down or anything.

After dabbing for a few days, i like to switch to flowers for a few, because they have different highs. After dabbing a few, a couple bong rips will get me straight riiipppped, which feels way different than dabs.[/quote]

Oh ok so I wasn't the only one lol. I don't like any additive. I actually went to morocco this past June. Moroccan hash is amazing. It's just hair and crystals, no chemicals to make it. I had my fiancée to get her cool cousin to send me some via a shipment with some of my missing hookah parts lol.

15. Do it...I Dare you!!!

Cause if you do, it won't be your last $300 buy :smoke:

16. I have some friends who would never drop more than $50 on a piece an others that go all out an drop 300+ each has there own. My sgw was worth the $400 by a long shot.

17. [quote name='"IzZ Tip C"']Alot of people who say all pipes rip the same don't really know how to take a rip. They use a bong here and there and choke every single time. Gotta let your lungs build up a tolerance to the volume of smoke and get past that choking stage before you can even begin to judge how a tube rips IMHO.[/quote]

Hahaha bro I totally agree. I'm an 80's baby and I been smoking half my life, these lungs are used to the abuse;-) not to mention I have to smoke my Cuban cigar atleast once a week and I smoke a Newport after every piff session. As I stated before, I have zob. Yea it pulls smoother but doesn't get me higher and not to mention its a pain to clean. I guess I'm a simple stoner. Have you ever smoked from a chalice? I own one, and I'll admit it's a harsh hit.

18. [quote name='"InstaBlaze"']Cause for us it's not just something to get high out of. We buy expensive bongs because we appreciate the craftsmanship and the effort put into it. And besides, it's not like an expensive bong would get you any higher:rolleyes:

They make china bongs for people who don't want to spend money on a nice tube :D[/quote]

I see what your saying. Thats the same reason I bought a zob, it was my second pipe, ever, at the time lol. Like I said in another post, just because I can afford that Benz I really want, doesn't mean it's the best choice to make.

19. [quote name='"Flurgen"']

Do it...I Dare you!!!

Cause if you do, it won't be your last $300 buy :smoke:[/quote]

I got my zob from a friend in need of money, it's the best $150 bucks I ever spent on a pipe. I just don't see my self buying a brand new one for double the price;-) just don't make sense to me. Ask an old hippie, and I bet he will agree with me. I grow up with mostly older friends.

20. [quote name='"atonsphere420"']I have some friends who would never drop more than $50 on a piece an others that go all out an drop 300+ each has there own. My sgw was worth the $400 by a long shot.[/quote]

Same here bro, I have friends with name brand bongs, big and small. I just don't get into the fads when it come to herb. We all use it in the same sense, no need to copy each others methods;-)