Is it just me??

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by DroMontesino, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Out of curiousity, am I the only one that isn't willing to pay more than $150-200 for a bong etc?? In my opinion, it's all the same, it's a smoking instrument. I actually prefer buying local blown glass, not only cheaper, but I'm putting money back into my local economy. Opinions any one?? All are welcome..

2. I'm a double percolator guy. I don't buy a bong that has less than a percolator or two (size determines how many it has to have). I pay the price difference to get quality made percolators.

If I was going for straight tube or single perc, never more than 200

3. [quote name='"Knife Doctor"']I'm a double percolator guy. I don't buy a bong that has less than a percolator or two (size determines how many it has to have). I pay the price difference to get quality made percolators.

If I was going for straight tube or single perc, never more than 200[/quote]

Well I have an inline perc/ash catcher on my 12" local blown bong. Works great for me, and I only spent $120 for both and it came with hemp wick and free spoon bowl. I was really happy. I just feel like your paying for a name and not the product. Any brand will shatter if dropped from over 3-4ft, so there's no difference to me. I've smoked with friends on there name brand bong and it didn't get me any higher, so I never saw the point in it. But thanks for the opinion bro

4. Well, I see where you're coming from saying it's just a smoking instrument, but there are many different levels of quality and sometimes the more elegant looking, strong and innovative your piece gets, the higher the price. Local blown glass can be expensive too, just depends what it is you're looking for.

However there are many places that will throw a $150-200 price tag on shit that is worth well under that price.

I personally see a massive difference in quality for say a brand less 18"in beaker that costs $120 and let's say a 13" stemline mini that comes with direct inject slide, dome, quartz nail, and dabber for $120.

5. 300Yeah, there's no way I'm buying into RooR and the like. 350-500 for a straight tube? No thanks.

When I'm getting thick glass, quality percolators, plenty of them, glass on glass, etc etc, I consider it worth 200-300.

6. [quote name='"Technyque"']Well, I see where you're coming from saying it's just a smoking instrument, but there are many different levels of quality and sometimes the more elegant looking, strong and innovative your piece gets, the higher the price. Local blown glass can be expensive too, just depends what it is you're looking for.

However there are many places that will throw a $150-200 price tag on shit that is worth well under that price.

I personally see a massive difference in quality for say a brand less 18"in beaker that costs $120 and let's say a 13" stemline mini that comes with direct inject slide, dome, quartz nail, and dabber for $120.[/quote]

Yea I see what your saying. But the nameless works fine for me. My first piece ever was a $10 spoon bowl which I still own:) and my second was a zob with crazy twists n turns. And I still have that one (decorative, I never use it any more). My other bong is no name, hits like a champ (GonG, diffused downstream, inline perc attachment). So I guess it's just a matter of preference.

7. [quote name='"Knife Doctor"']300Yeah, there's no way I'm buying into RooR and the like. 350-500 for a straight tube? No thanks.

When I'm getting thick glass, quality percolators, plenty of them, glass on glass, etc etc, I consider it worth 200-300.[/quote]

Lol yea no way I'm paying 3-5 bills for a piece, I'd rather use it as blaze up money. But my $120 one is GonG n diffused downstem, perc is add on though.

8. Yeah honestly I have been looking around and I like Kush Scientific but could never see myself purchasing something over 300. 250 even sounds like a lot. I am currently looking for a 12 inch bong but haven't found anything worth purchasing. I am stuck between new bong and a new downstem for my current bown. I personally would like to add to my collection but my LHS all sell the same stuff.

9. [quote name='"WeedHound47"']Yeah honestly I have been looking around and I like Kush Scientific but could never see myself purchasing something over 300. 250 even sounds like a lot. I am currently looking for a 12 inch bong but haven't found anything worth purchasing. I am stuck between new bong and a new downstem for my current bown. I personally would like to add to my collection but my LHS all sell the same stuff.[/quote]

I hear you bro, I feel the same. It's not worth paying more than $200 knowing that it's going to do the same as a cheap one. Actually look online. I think we can't post other sites on here, but if you google cheap bongs, you'll find a BC site called bong outlet I think. I've bought a few attachments from them and they are still working fine;-)

10. Just curious, but those of you who say your against spending over 200$ on a tube, have you ever hit a tube thats $300+?

11. [quote name='"Flurgen"']Just curious, but those of you who say your against spending over 200$ on a tube, have you ever hit a tube thats $300+?[/quote]

^^this

12. A lot of people have hook ups for weed or grow their own so we can afford to spend some excess of some lovely functional art. Im sure there are people who pay full price at dispensaries for their bud that have really nice glass collections. Just depends who you are.

13. [quote name='"Flurgen"']Just curious, but those of you who say your against spending over 200$ on a tube, have you ever hit a tube thats $300+?[/quote]

Actually, several of my friends have name brand. I've smoked from a toro, syn, roor, zob (I own one, it's overrated), and illadeph. No lie, I tell my friends the same. And they also acknowledge they over payed.

14. [quote name='"Joox"']A lot of people have hook ups for weed or grow their own so we can afford to spend some excess of some lovely functional art. Im sure there are people who pay full price at dispensaries for their bud that have really nice glass collections. Just depends who you are.[/quote]

And I agree 100%. I make a good living, but I don't drive a Benz, not because I can't afford it but because I know it's not worth it.

15. Personally I don't mind dropping a lot of money on a piece, especially if it holds its value. I like to think of myself as a collector though.

16. [quote name='"Flurgen"']Just curious, but those of you who say your against spending over 200$ on a tube, have you ever hit a tube thats $300+?[/quote]

To be perfectly honest with you, the best pipe I have is a coconut chalice, it was a gift from an elder rasta in the mountains past ochorios. And most of my friends would agree that my chalice hits harder than there bongs.

17. [quote name='"Malamala"']Personally I don't mind dropping a lot of money on a piece, especially if it holds its value. I like to think of myself as a collector though.[/quote]

I feel you, that's how I feel about my shoes. I'm a sneaker head haha. But not for pipes. Sounds like an oxymoron, I know. But sneakers are legal and I can take them everywhere, but my bong just sits at home.

18. Ya everyone has something they like to collect haha. I know how you feel; I have a few pieces that I want to show some friends, but I live to far for them to come to me and I'm to worried about being pulled over for me to bring my bongs to them. I cant wait for the day I don't have to worry about the police smashing my art though haha.

19. Until you do get to hit a quality tube, i don't see your perspective changing. I think that once people hit quality tubes, they understand why people dish out the money for them.

Ive had alot of people that only smoke from cheap china glass and then come hit something like a sg stemline and be just blown away. There really is a big difference between cheap tubes and high end.

Why buy Jordan/Nike/Adidas when you can get shoes from wal-mart for less than 1/4 of the price? ;)

20. [quote name='"Malamala"']

Ya everyone has something they like to collect haha. I know how you feel; I have a few pieces that I want to show some friends, but I live to far for them to come to me and I'm to worried about being pulled over for me to bring my bongs to them. I cant wait for the day I don't have to worry about the police smashing my art though haha.[/quote]

Touché my friend. The day it's legal, I plan to strap my coconut chalice around my neck, and wear it like a rappers big chain lmao...