Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is it just me? placebo or painkiller?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Serial_Chiller, Dec 6, 2008.

1. i dont know if this sounds crazy but i had a really bad headache, my neck and back was killing me from moving houses (packing, moving and unpacking heavy objects days in a row) not only this but for some reason i woke up with chest pains which seemed to be coming from my lungs and i was on the verge of getting over food poisoning (bad dairy)

i smoke up socially friday night and just like magic i wake up saturday morning with none, yes none of these problems that have been keeping me down for days.
    it seems hard to believe especially after paracetamol had done next to nothing.

any thought or similar experiences?
    i can really see why this is such a threat to drug companies now, i would never take another pain killer again

2. A small part of it is probably placebo, just because in general after you smoke you feel good, but it definitely has some healing effects. Whenever I have a bad cold for a few days and I smoke that weekend, it seems as soon as I'm done smokin it goes away. It's the universal medicine.:hello:

3. Click the link in my sig and scroll down to "Migraine" or just plain old "Pain"- Cannabis is most definitely a pain killer- and much, much more. Click and read!

Granny :wave: ( who used to get migraines, but stops them now!)

4. wow i had no idea, im going to take the time to sit down and read it all. you should really manifest this all in the one place into a hardcopy (its called a book if i remember correctly) thankyou very much

+rep

5. Can't be a book, ever! lol :p

First, who reads books now-a-days? Sad, but true. :( Everything's on-line now.

Second, and more important, I keep adding to it! New research comes out all the time. Last month I added about 30 studies/articles! The "innocent" site is a mirror of my current "home" list- other sites wait for new stuff until I do an update in January or July.

Third, you can't click a link in a book!

Fourth- Just the titles are about 70 pages- if I printed up the full studies and articles- it would be pretty dang thick! I know I've got one article that is well over 40 pages and there are others that are about that long! It would be a very BIG book! :eek:

You ARE ambitious, though! If you manage to "read it all"- You'll be one of two who have! I have read every article and (at least the abstract of) every study -and here you guys wonder how I got so smart! lol (but I gotta admit- I do skip over the statistical analysis parts of the studies- way too boring, even for me! :p )

Share the list with your friends and family! Education's where it's at!

Migraine-free life is great! :D

Granny :wave: