Is it just me or has everyone in the world broken the law!

Discussion in 'General' started by Darwinnaboid, May 6, 2013.

1. #1 Darwinnaboid, May 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2013
    I mean all you have to do is drive for about 10 minutes and you can see everyone breaking the speed limit.

It annoys me because there is still people who judge some for breaking stupid rules when there breaking even worse ones.

Pointless. I know. There is no law abiding citizen.

What's everyone's opinion. Good, bad or abusive I don't mind. Go for it.

Thanks in advance.

2. Fuck the government haha.

3. Well I'm sure everyone who has driven at least one mile over the limit. And even aside from that I'm sure everyone has broken some law sometime. Be it downloading music or jaywalking.

4. Simple but to the point. That's what I just should have said lol.

5. I don't think jaywalking is a law in the UK. But if it is then I'm guilty.

6. My opinion is that you take a calculated risk every time you break the law. You know the consequences, therefore blaming the system is useless. (I'm referring to the general "you", not you specifically OP)

Of course there's nothing wrong with having the opinion that laws need reform, but by knowingly breaking those laws, people show a lack of self discipline. Why bother changing the law if the people who don't like it refuse to follow it now, right?

7. I hear what you are saying but at the same time if the people ignore it then it shouldn't be a law (the majority I mean)

E.g. They tried to bring the congestion charge in France and they refused to pay it. Even police. So the government. Abandoned it. Unlike in London where you still have to pay it because everyone is a push over.

8. Your example makes sense because the people of France (surprisingly) decided to take up the cause en masse. Most people are willing to take that calculated risk when it comes to certain things (speeding tickets, smoking come to mind). And that's fine.

I just can't stand people who do dumb shit like go to a park and smoke weed... Then post here about how it's bullshit that they got arrested. Yeah, it might be bullshit but your dumbass went out in public to do something illegal...

9. Well said. If you hate that sort of people never come to where I live. We breed then dumb fuckers!

I also hate the way laws have conditioned the majority of people. So smoking weed in front of a child would seem wrong but no one cares when someone drinks alcohol in front of one. If I ever had a child I prefer it using weed than alcohol. Once it's of age of course.

10. I can go to a park and smoke weed where I live. Nobody's gonna bug you as long as you keep it to yourself and don't be a douche about it.

11. I think the dumb fuckers are the ones that do it on the bus and stuff. Those. Not the stoner that goes the beach/park and tries to be discrete.

12. On the bus? That IS really dumb, if you did that here you'd get kicked off the bus so fast, and it's honestly not even about the weed, if you tried to light up a cig on the bus and smoke everyone out you'd be off in a heartbeat.

13. #13 Darwinnaboid, May 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2013
    A few get kicked off. But I think a lot of people are intimidated here. Weed doesn't have that stoner surfer feel like the U.S. It's more of social lower class thing.

14. Ha, don't feel bad we have plenty of them here as well. And I agree on the effect laws can have on people. I'd be a lot more pissed off if my hypothetical 12 year old came home drunk than stoned (obviously I'd prefer neither, but it is what it is). I can imagine the alcohol thing is an even bigger issue over there where you guys allow drinking at a pretty young age (when I was a teenager, I always used to envy that)

And that's great. You're taking a calculated risk, and not complaining about how the man is keeping you down. Some people know an area is a cop hotspot, and still feel the need to go do illegal shit in that area. Those are the type of people I was thinking of.

15. Yeah. I've heard we have a pretty bad alcohol problem. But England isn't as bad as Scotland. Plus my mum is South African so every Sunday I had a glass of wine diluted with lemonade when I was growing up so alcohol never had that appeal to do something I'm not allowed. I haven't drank it for over a year. It's just like having the option of drinking without having to depend on it.