Is it just me or does beer taste terrible when under the influence of weed?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Mitchy, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Hey everyone, quick poll / a few instructions if you've never done this before, so let's continue on here:

Does anyone think after smoking a good bowl of dank (or mids, whichever you prefer) - waiting until your high is at its' peak then going and getting a beer and cracking it open, taking a sip.. then realizing how untasteful it is and how much you actually don't want it or feel like drinking it for that matter..

Anyone else ever get this way? I've been a past beer drinker myself, use to absolutely love beer and would drink it everyday, until I started getting into weed.. the moment I smoked weed I didn't touch another drop of liquor, so I decided "hey what the heck, why not have a beer?" I get to the fridge, grab a beer, walk back upstairs, sit down, open it and take a sip and realize "UCCCCKK, THIS BEER TASTES NASTY" - now the beer didn't go bad or anything, I just don't have an aquired taste for it anymore maybe?

When I'm sober from weed, I'll drink beer and it'll all go fine, I can get it down easy, it tastes great.. I guess weed is the instant way to stop from drinking eh?

Anyways, poll time.. anyone else get that way with beer? Vote :hello:

2. Gonna have to disagree to an extent.

I love a nice Bud/Miller Light after smoking. Only one or two though. I hate drinking to get drunk when I'm high.

3. Beer tastes terrible no matter what.

4. i need to have a corona when im smoking.

5. I can't say that I've ever had that problem

6. I think my problem lies on the fact that I drink Busch Light, maybe a change in beer brand will boost my liking for alcohol, and yes, I hate drinking to get drunk while high also, it's just a horrible feeling haha.

7. So many Chi-towners around GC, it's amazing to see one everytime haha. :)

8. Are you kidding? Beer is at it's absolute best right after a couple fat joints.

9. Right after, but after waiting like 10 minutes and letting your high build up then having a beer is just repulsive tasting to me :rolleyes:

10. Your nuts. An ice cold beer is so refreshing after getting stoned (I get mean cottonmouth). I dread the time it takes to get from my house where I just smoked a joint - to the bar where I can get a cold beer.

11. That's you're problem right there. You need better beer.

Cheap beer is gross no matter when you drink it.

12. me and the Boss get along well after a few bowls

[​IMG]

13. Beer is OK, but Coke always tastes the best. I experienced that earlier.
    Ice cold, from a can. It's beautiful:rolleyes:

14. Cheep beer is delicious. Thjeres a social stigma that says cheap = worse quality. I really don't get it.

It's the same exact beer. Busch is the same as Budweiser - it's just when they brew a big huge container - not ALL of that beer can hold up to the highest standards that budweiser has (and they do have pretty high standards). That beer is still good - just not good enough to call budweiser. So then they can and bottle it and call it 'Bush' or "Natural". All companies do it. Coors has Keystone. Miller has "high life".

15. I hate beer to begin with, but if i smoke first then try to drink it just doesn't happen.

I swear it like intensifies the nasty. :p

16. A good beer is equally better high than sober as food is.

stuff.

17. I think Budwiser, Keystone and "High Life" are just as gross as their cheap counter parts.

I like Ales and stouts with flavor, not water flavored with a little beer.

18. Yeah honestly you cant just say all beer is gross when high when you only drink cheap beer. And you shouldnt even be saying its gross if its "delicoius"?? If you've ever had a pint of Guiness in Ireland it is the greatest tasting beer you will ever taste. It is literally like amzing how good it is i cant even describe it. American Guiness isnt even close it, nor is any American beer

19. #20 JohnnyDimebag, Jun 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2009
    Every Saturday I go down to the pub for about 4 - 6 pints of Guiness not too many but just enough to get me tipsy or a little drunk, than I come home and smoke a couple of joints with my friend/s and watch a movie or play Xbox,

But thats just what I do haha
    Anyway Ive never really noticed a massive difference in beer when Im high, I still like it.

:smoke:

Oh and by the way, I am from Ireland and dkskunk893 is right, the Guiness here is amazing!

Oh and does anybody here love to drink milk when high?
    Is it me or is milk when stoned the nicest tasting drink ever!?