Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it important to clean out your grinder?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by StealthRider, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Is it important to clean out your Grinder from time to time? I've seen a lot of tools and accessories to grinder sterilization and cleaning tools, but I want to know why? if it is important.

2. I don't think i'd go as far as sterilising it.

Every now and again i'll clean out mine and may get a small bowls worth out of there. Its a three piece, which means over time a lot builds up between the screen and where it falls through.
    What type of grinder to you have?

3. I have never cleaned out my grinder till this day.
    LIE! LIE! LIE!
    Accually I did clean it out with a pocket knife once cause I was out of smoke. But other than that I never cleaned it, works fine.

4. Not necessary, but if you want to get really stoned just scrape some residue off the bottom part and top off a bowl.

5. If I grind something seriously sticky, I'm going to end up scraping it out with a paper clip. Usually, though, it just doesn't matter.

6. I can see if you just bought it you might want to clean it out nice. My screen gets so caked with trichs so fast that they won't even fall through. I can't figure out a way to keep that screen clean.

7. If you have the kif catcher ones then you should from time to time give a good clean. Its to clean the screen mainly because it can get clogged and can prevent further kif accumulation.

You can also make some qwiso hash from it. Thats a plus and it does get shiny.

8. stick your grinder in the freezer for about 20min and if u have a kief catcher you should see a nice suprise after about 5min of tapping. Works everytime and my grinder is usually fairly clean after that

9. It probably has a lot of trichromes on the inside of it, so cleaning it could give you those to smoke.
    Eventually, my grinder gets so sticky that I can't twist it.

10. I obiously empty/scrape my kief catcher, but as for the grinder itself I have only done it twice. Not to reclaim, but to "loosen" it up a little. Get the buildup off the teeth and whatnot because it had gotten so caked that it was very difficult to turn. Of course, the gunk I collected was POTENT, but I only clean to facilitate ease of use.

Note: A CLEAN small, stiff bristled paint brush with the hair trimmed SHORT, SHORT, SHORT works well for me when my screen gets clogged. Just push your trichs right on through.

11. Haha, I do all the time, but thats just because I'm a cat:smoke:
    But seriously, it doesnt matter as long as the grinder works fine. Maybe,If you find its sticky, you can have a lil pick at it just so its easy to turn. Personally, I've only ever had a sticky grinder when i started bunning, but that was when i was buying boggy crap of some dealers on a rare occasion. :(
    I never normally get that now unless its real peng bud! :D

12. i have the same problem, anyone know the best way to clean the build up on the screen?

13. I had a space case, and man did i love that thing. Just a thing of beauty, it glided as you would cut the bud up. But after months of use, the threads got gummed up a bit, i let it sit in grunge off for about an hour, probably less and it was BRAND spankin new.

So yeah, and if you have a shitty grinder you should do it more often.