Is it illegal to..

Discussion in 'General' started by EASYlivin, Jul 27, 2009.

1. ride my bike down my street at any hour? Im 18 years old. Cuz me and my friends sometimes smoke then go for a bikeride at like 1 in the morning. my street is pretty deserted at night, but is what were doing illegal in any way?:confused:

2. No? Unless your town has a curfew.

3. no, only if ur under 18. but im sayin could they stop and search you for being suspicious or something?

4. Im sure the cops could make up just about whatever excuse they want and it would hold up in court.

5. #5 Elechronic, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2009
    Check to see what bike laws your state has, you might require certain reflectors or lights or something (probably only applies for the highway). As for being suspicious, an officer could stop you at any time for any reason...just don't be carrying anything.

6. what a bunch of paranoid stoners, no dude you can do anything you want.

just don't be loud and assume that you will be searched if any cops see you.

7. for being on probation for 6 months for smoking weed behind a factory. Im a little paranoid. Gimmi a fucking break:p

8. i'm sure they could. police do what they want, and a bunch of teenagers (or twenty somethings) riding bicycles up and down the street at 1 am definitely looks suspicious. just don't carry any bud or paraphernalia on you and you'll be straight. it's not a crime to be high.

9. This thread is pretty lol-ful, no they cannot do a damn thing about you walking/riding/driving/crawling down the street at 3 in the morning, and if they did come up to you, you can simply not respond and ignore them, and they can't do ANYTHING without a warrant, and if they try and search/take you, call the cops and say there's a man trying to take me into his car by force and trying to feel me. Also if they do find anything on you and you told them before the search that you do not agree to the search. Then anything they found is void, and will not count in court and they will lose there whole case, that's why you just disagree to everything and TOTALLY ignore them. They can't do a damn thing.

10. dude. i recommend going to like your state's website and printing out the papers that state it is allowed and keep them in your back pocket. show 'em to the cop IF he stops you, which i doubt will happen. show that motherfucker up!

11. Thanks dude. :D

12. You are going to have to get a front white light and a back red light. You also have to have two wheel reflectors and front and back reflectors.

13. It's not illegal, but they could make up any old bull shit so they can search you. All they have to do is say they had a report of suspicious people in the area and that would be cause enough to search you. Just make sure you don't have anything illegal on you and you should be fine.

14. no its not illegal I used to skate at 3am all the way to the diner or 711

15. all cops are allowed to give u a pat down for their own safety

16. If I'm not correct you can get a fine for not wearing a Helmet? :)

17. As long as your 18, or your state laws allow you to
    You have proper lights,reflectors, whatever your bike needs to be "legal"
    Your good
    If they stopped you, they have no right to search you, be safe and smoke, put all your stuff away ( pipes,weed anything )
    Then go ride
    Your not breaking the law.
    Just getting your "night exercise"

18. Nope not illegal but if they drug test you then you can get done for driving under the influence.

Its illegal to operate a bike, skateboard, car, ect under the influence.. As well as anything that can be used as a vehicle..

19. Cops are not allowed to search you unless you are in a vehicle. Constitutional right, DONT let them tell you otherwise.

20. Actually they can't search your vehicle (at least in washington state) as long as you tell them, you're not allowed to search my vehicle. Unless your found guilty of a felony or they have reason to be suspicious that you may be committing a felony in the near future, which if they do search you for that and find anything they have to fight in court that it was honest reason and wasn't just an excuse to search your car.