Is it illegal to return glass pipes?

Discussion in 'General' started by bongsnblunts, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just bought a new glass piece and not even 2 minutes after buying it i decided id rather have something else so i walked back in to trade it and they refused me and said it was illegal to return it after walking out of the store, which is bullshit because ive returned UN-USED pieces in the past with no problem. I live in arizona if that helps.

2. it's not illegal but it's SUPER unwelcome im surprised any store ever allowed you to return a pipe even if you were like standing in the doorway a lot of times company will say something like that is illegal so you don't make a big deal about it and cause problems

3. I wish society would calm down and treat pipes like any other business, instead of this demonized item. I really just dont see the big deal like wether or not i bought a t-shirt or a pipe i should still have the right to get a damn refund.

4. you totally should and we are getting there eventually you will be able to but for now it's simply not a thing

5. the store has rights too.  you have to deal with their policy bro.  many sorrys to you

6. True that, but he said it was the law not a policy

7. i wonder why he doesnt just say 'its our policy'

8. Being a medical state youd think things would be a little less stuck up, especially since theres advertisements all over their store for local dispensaries and pot leaf stickers everywhere, their defiantly not hiding that its for marijuana use as well lol

9. ya you think they would i unno i feel like it's kind of an instant reaction  because of cannabis being illegal

10. he was probably afraid you masturbated and touched it

11. I guess he didn't believe you when you said you'd only smoke tobacco products out of it haha

12. I live in a medical state and also have a medical card so technically its legal to sell them for medical marijuana purposes :) i talk about smoking medical bud out of them all the time and they dont care because its for medical purposes

13. Well I guess since now you're stuck with it, is it a cool pipe?

14. #14 bongsnblunts, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015
    I ended up buying a chillum because i wasn't fully thinking, and got to my car and realized i actually wanted a pipe instead, but for the most part yea its a nice chillum, i just really wanted a pipe because its alot easier for me to pack when i have shake.

15. I don't know about the laws in AZ, I don't live in AZ. But most places, regardless of where they are or what the product is, won't allow you to return something that goes inside an orifice. Now, if you bought it, completed the transaction and while still standing in front of the counter you decided to exchange it, they might allow that. They can see they you haven't stuck it in your gob yet. But since you left the store it was out of their sight and they don't know what you did with it. You may have stuck it in your gob and they owe it to the rest of their customers to sell pieces that nobody has stuck in an orifice yet.

Also, headshops aren't Walmart. People are trying to return everything these days, you can't do that. Some headshop isn't going to lose product because you changed your mind.

16. so you think that its defiant for them not to be hiding the fact that most people use those pipes for weed how are they supposed to hide it ?
    so you think that its defiant for them not to be hiding the fact that most people use those pipes for weed how are they supposed to hide it ?

17. you had all day to decide what you wanted while you were in there. once you drive a car off the lot it's 'used' and loses value so why should they give you a full refund for a used pipe

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Because they are for tobacco use...

What use do they have for a used pipe? I sure as hell wouldn't wanna buy a pipe some person has used previously. I think it is your fault for being a poor consumer.

When I buy a pipe I always check it over thoroughly. Is the bowl the right size? Is the hole in the bowl too big or just right? Is the carb positioned well? How does it fit in my hand? Do I enjoy the design? 

If I go to a store like walmart and purchase an item, generally it is in a box where I cannot examine it to my liking, and therefore if it was not in good condition when I get home I would expect a refund/replacement for that item. The key point being you had every opportunity to examine every square inch of that piece before purchasing it...I don't know why you would then think you deserve a refund

19. Excuse my ignorance but why would anyone buy a chillum?  Is there something about them that's superior to a pipe?

20. #20 bongsnblunts, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015
    No, actually i broke my pipe at 9:30 PM and the store was closing at 10, so i was feeling pressured to hurry up and make up my mind because i had very few minutes to decide, i obviously wanted to smoke before bed other wise i wouldve had to wait till this afternoon, also i didnt drive away yet, i only walked out the doors and turned back around, oh and it was still wrapped in bubble wrap i didnt even open it yet. Also i didnt want a refund i just wanted to simply trade it for something else that was actually more money, so they lost out on me giving them even more money

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.