Is it illegal to keep driving below speed limit if you are pulled over

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Adolf Hitler88, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Germany brah. We have the right because it's said that it's natural for someone to wanto be free. Of course if you murder someone or beat a guard down etc on the run, you will be sent to court for it, but not for the run itself.

Destroying evidence isnt an offense either. They will sent you to jail for the time evidence is still to be found. If they say evidence of the crime is all found you get free again, unless they find something that you left as evidence then you are put in jail until bail/courts decide whatever.

Cops in cars also cant say how fast you drove unless they have a cam with measuring instruments on board (~5-10%). They could either give you a "sporty driving" ticket or they have to subtract 20% of the speed they had on their dashboard and give you a ticket for that.

2. yea thats what the cop is going to say that you should have done if you wanted to verified if he was legit.

but then if you do it, they get annoyed and look for any reason to make your day hell

3. Back in drivers ed when I was younger the instructor said that if you were worried it wasn't a cop you could drive to a more public area before pulling over or call the police and have them check. There's plenty of people who have impersonated police and pulled people over to commit crimes. However OP is talking about stalling so he can get rid of his drugs and usually cops watch for those kinds of things. I definitely wouldn't slow down for an extended period of time.

4. I was pulled for speeding a couple days ago and I tried to have the cop ticket me at a safer area. The cop was cool with it, but he told me in the future the officer will choose where you stop and he writes the ticket/search you.

5. I would help you if you username wasnt Adolf Hitler with 88's at the end. i would also curse you out but i cant, its against the rules and one more infraction= ban and i have feeling mods will be here lolol.

6. I get what you're saying but it would only work if there actually wasn't a place to pull over. Otherwise the cop might try to drive alongside you and get you to pull over quicker or some shit

7. yes he supports hitler just like im an iraqi rapper.

8. I've always been under the impression that you could drive to the nearest police station if you fear its not a cop. I'd put my hazard lights on first so he would know you aren't trying to flee.

9. Police station? No way. You can get away with driving to a public/brightly lit area such as a gas station or something that will be much closer than a police station.

However, putting on your hazard lights is a good idea so he knows you're planning on pulling over.