Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is it illegal to be high in public?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by millyy, Dec 2, 2010.

1. So, if your in public like walking around...doing something not being rude or anoyying or anything like that, is is illegal? Or is it only illegal to have weed on you, or smoking it

2. I mean, its a gray area. Unless your already doing something illegal, you won't be bothered. Even if your red eyed geekin out.

The man in blue could slap you with a "public intoxication" but doubtful. But remember, driving a car while found to be high can be charged with a OVI. Careful!:wave:

3. Thanks for clearing it up..i kinda want to go see a movie high with my buddies, just was wondering though haha

4. It could get you hassled for public intoxication (so don't be holding) but most cops are worried about the rude and annoying.

5. I'm sure it is illegal to be high, but through some loop hole (or laziness of the legal system) nobody gets bothered about it. Unless you are driving or posing a danger to those around you, you shouldn't be worried at all.
    I think its when you are already causing problems that they like to tack on "Well, he was high..." to the police report. Ya know?

6. The loop hole you speak of, is the fact its SUPER hard to prove someone is high.... if you smoked...the shits in your system for way longer than the duration of the high, so anyone could argue, no i was sober, i have smoked recently, but not then.

7. Don't worry about it. I seen so far every single movie in 2010 high. Just if possible make sure to buy tickets before you toke up to make the entire process easier. Like I said nobody is going to bother even if you like you are baked out of your mind assuming you remain calm and chill.

Trying to pay for a ticket high is not one of the easiest tasks to achieve lol :smoke:

8. ha ha its illegal to be high period

9. Keep your shit on the DL and there won't be a problem.:hello:

10. no its not man, its illegal to possess, use, cultivate, sell, buy, transport, conceal, or have/touch/contain in anyway, because its practically impossible to "prove" someone is high by doing tests on them, they dont bother because it could be easily disputed.... "No i was just tired (explains slow eye reflexes in the eye test, or any fucking sobriety test at all, they make them retardedly hard) and i have allergies/an eye infection (which would likely be gone by the court date anyway so they couldnt prove you DIDNT)." do you see how easily its argued against lol.... I know this, because i was high as fuck in my high school all the time, and the school cop, was aware about 30% of the school was SUPER high at any given time, and he was very aware unless he cought us, or smelled something, he couldnt use "you looked high" to do anything.... As most of us were smart and never had shit on us, we got high very sneakily.... he knew there was no point unless there was another very obvious factor, but maybe thats just boulder.....

11. the last part is oh so true, especially if you need to count change lol

12. When I was in high school I was told by our school officer that being high on any drug is not illegal. Although I don't know if that gives them a right to search you, if they don't find anything, they can't do anything. This is what I was told at least. Now do I want to test that out, hell no. So it remains a mystery... I'm thinking about talking to my local police officers and finding the law on that one, because that really is a grey area. And like an above poster said, it's hard to prove your high since it stays in your system for so long.

13. yeah it's illegal but there's no test for it,...excepted the darting eyes test,but how often do people get stoped by cops for walking around stoned? There's got to be a reason,a.k.a probable cause,so as long as your not going around fu*king shit up left an right ,you'll be okay

14. No, it's not illegal to be high.
    How could anyone enforce that?

15. I've seen plenty of movies high... Harold and Kumar 2... Dark Knight.... A few others that i DON't RemEMBER lol. Its safe tho... People at the movie theatre dont care haha... I used to burn in my car on the way to the theatre on the highway.

16. they would need robocop....lol

17. It's only illegal if you admit to it. There is no way for a police officer to detect you're high unless you have weed or used paraphernalia on you. Otherwise you're in the clear

18. The law says it's illegal to consume or possess marijuana.

They can't prove you consumed it unless you have it on you. That's just proof of your "under the influence". Even if you really aren't, they dgaf

19. the act of consuming is illegal, after you have consumed its not illegal to be high lol

20. In Cali, you can be arrested under PC647(f). It would depend on your actions because I've seen people get so f'ed up off one joint that they would qualify. PC647(f) basically states that you can be arrested/charged if it is the officers opinion that you were unable to care for yourself. Not an easy charge to prove with pot. When I was a cop, the ONLY time I took someone in under that charge was when they were so DRUNK they couldn't even stand, let alone walk down the sidewalk without stumbling into the street. Since it is in place to protect someone from themselves, basically, the penalties are minimal. Usually just a night in the tank and a fine.