Is it illegal for it to come out my check?

Discussion in 'General' started by tokatoka420, Sep 15, 2013.

1. I work at Swiss Chalet(food place/resturant) at the drive though this guy ordered $200 worth of food. Before the customers pay they order at the mic just like Mcdonalds and I told the cooks to have the food ready. When he went up to window #1 to pay he drove off without getting his food saying "I was joking". The food was already ready and since no one ordered a few mins after the food got soggy and we had to throw it out.

My boss told me "200 IS COMING OUT YOUR PAYCHECK NEXT WEEK" He wouldn't even let me explain.. He said he didnt wanna hear my BS..

2. hell fuckin no

3. That is illegal.  Contact your state's bureau of labor.

4. Your boss sounds like a douchebag.

5. They can't really do that he must have been pissed that it was coming out of his pay check probably

6. Yeah fuck that man. If you take action that money's still yours.

7. Yo thats totally illegal. Get ready to whoop some ass (figuratively)

8. #8 Gimmie a Puff, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2013
    Fuck that. Hell no that can happen

9. Sounds like my ex-boss >.> No he can't deduct it from you, but prepare to take some more shit when you go in to explain what happened.

10. look up the whistleblower laws in you state.
    Call and let his bitch ass have it. That is fucked up.

11. Yeah it's illegal but I wouldn't worry about it. 99% of the time bosses say this out of anger/stress and shit. I don't know how your chain works, but I'm betting your boss just reports your hours to corporate and then it goes from there. They wouldn't take that money out of your check.

Play it cool and wait until you get paid. If they deduct the money, then start talking shit and saying you'll lawyer up. Call corporate/HR and they'll quickly sort it out before it goes public most likely. This has happened to a few workers for a few companies, and once it hits public at least a few outlets seem to pick up the story (happened with McDonalds a while back). They'll pay you before they take the bad publicity.