Is it hypocritical for me as a cop to arrest someone for smoking, when I'm a smoker myself?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Monkey Farm, Sep 12, 2018.

1. law enforcement officers use their own discretion on which laws to enforce every day without repercussion.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. No question about it..
    But they have the "power" so why risk disobeying when it is easier to just get out of Dodge..?
    Many of those sick or with sick children have left places to keep their medicine legal. (ie: Colo; Wash., Nevada (yeah), Oregon and of course Cali..
    Granted it's never easy to pack up and move..but pain and the like are not easy either;)
    What makes it worse, is that if you are arrested and proven guilty on an illegal anything charge..the Judges are obligated to impose a sentence.
    I am in Nevada..Took my older cousin to a dispensary, and he was still concerned that he would get into trouble, even there is no way. Conditioned Reflexes! I still remember my 1st trip to buying legal weed..(Had my card too)..I sat in the waiting area, very concerned about being nabbed for something. I am a 60's kid, and am still a bit paranoid even though my grows etc are in strict compliance with our Nevada laws.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. This is the kind of fucked up contradiction when you have laws that everyone knows are bullshit and that everyone flouts. Yes it's hypocrisy for a cop to arrest someone for an offense they themselves commit everyday. I would say you should let people go where you can, but there are some situations where you can't do that without breaking serious rules about procedure and possibly committing more crimes yourself.

Basically you're fucked no matter what you do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Doubt op is a cop but I do genuinely have a member of the Drug Squad in my family
    It's nuts. The laws are relaxing round here but till maybe 5 years ago it was still pretty strict. He knows about all the illegal shit most of my family get upto which is a fair amount and He's totally trustworthy. Even gives my old man a heads up if there's any broken door days coming. Not a bad guy for a piggy like. Not bad at all :)

Sent from my SM-G850F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. I don’t think that’s ever been the issue though -

It’s always that damn baton, the gun and the cuffs that are the issue -

And then more cops arriving....

I always think to myself about cops: “what made you decide to tell folks how to live their lives?”

Of course - and IMO, of course, we do NEED them for the violent idiots out there - but for the piddly piss ant cannabis laws? No fucking way.

J

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Totally agree brother, FYI, copper. Spread the love to people who deserve it. Lock up the assholes, the world will be a better place.
    Ps. Well done for not getting brainwashed into hypocritical political correctness.
    I take my hat off to you brother.

• Like Like x 2
  7. The guy is scared of persecution by his own brass, he's probably been getting someone to do the pee test for him, so he can pay the bills, I know a hell of a lot of po po who take drugs and then arrest someone for doing the same thing,
    #gotyournumber ;)
    It's the world we live in.... And the mask of deception SOME people hide behind,
    They live a lie, because they fear the truth.
    When really theres nothing to be afraid of, people who criticise others because of their choices/beliefs, are no different to racists/radicalists.
    Peace.
    F#¿K the law. ( With all due respect )

• Like Like x 2
  8. He will be out in 10 mins, guaranteed.

9. Naw..It would take over an hour with all the BS paperwork..LMAO

10. Inside man ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. They just do it for the camera. Lol they will be dusting him down and passing him coffee and doughnuts shortly after. Lmfao

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nah, he's prolly beaten to death..he wasn't arrested by fellow officers it was done by some ghetto thugs lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Next time you catch yourself smoking pot in your jurisdiction, arrest yourself. Then again, maybe you could flee the scene and try to outrun yourself. Dunno. Might be worth a try. Jus sayin' :confused_2:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. ^^^^^
    laugh deniro.gif

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. It makes sense tho...arresting your self is a good idea hahaha put them cuffs on !!

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Pigs suck. The fact that you break the very laws you are supposed to enforce makes you a corrupt, hypocritical dbag. I hear alcoholism, heart attacks, cancer and physical spousal abuse plague the majority of you. You got that going for you though right!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. FYI - OP has still only made the one single post.

I call BS.

J

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 1