Is it humanly possible to hate all music?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Royksopp, Jun 3, 2010.

1. unlikely to hate all, but to dislike certain styles of music such as, The Jonas Brothers, Ke$ha, or some cheesy rap song by sean kingston most likely!

2. I'd feel really sorry for people who don't like any kind of music.

3. That doesn't technically count, those people don't dislike the music, they are simply distraught by the sound it makes. Had they had the chance to listen to the music without any side effects, they will most likely find something they enjoy...

4. Yeah, technically, you are right.

5. ive met someone that claimed to hate music and movies....never saw them listen or watch.
    they've probably read more books than in the library of congress lol

not saying reading is bad i love books too....but not liking music thats just odd...most ppl i know will listen to anything....as long as it isnt country.

6. if there is someone who completely hates music and isnt deaf, then i seriously do not wanna meet that person.

7. This is old but I was looking around google and came accross this and after reading through it I made an account just to post this. I found it interesting that most of everyone on here feels that you must have some sort of disorder if you hate music. A few even went as far as saying they would feel sorry for a person who hates music (I personally found that very funny). I am one of those that actually hates (yes HATES) music. Why? Because its nothing but extra unneeded noise/sound/loudness. I hate it also because to me it serves no purpose, it's just a chore, something extra to manage and keep track of, a wast of time. I feel that music does nothing but make people annoying, especially when they get together and try to make new music when they could be doing something else that's actually productive. Now before you start assuming things let me give you a bit if info, I'm 23 years old, I have a girlfriend of 2 years/3 months that i live with (she loves music BTW, she actually plays piano), I'm in collage and work, I have no known disorders, just hate anything related to music.

8. Hate to revive an old thread, but I just had to post. I as well hate music. I know music is a harsh word, but it perfectly fits how i feel. Like ShaX5 said above me, it's pointless, and makes people more of an annoyance than their presence already is. But, one thing he/she got wrong is that there is something wrong with us. It's not anything bad really, it's just a phobia. We all have a phobia, and its not like we are scared of music.

Melophobia is simply a fear or aversion of music. I simply just have an aversion, or how i consider an "extreme disgust" for all things music.

9. Music serves no purpose? what do you mean?  It's an art form it's purpose is to express the human condition, to spread messages, provoke thought, make you feel good, put you in various moods and to just basically enhance life.  There's nothing unproductive about music, I can accept you don't like music though I don't understand it, but I can't accept that it has no purpose that's a foolish statement.

10. There are other ways to express emotion, other ways to spread messages, provoke thought. Music only makes me feel annoyed, nothing else.... Sometimes anger. But I normally leave the room before I get to that stage... We have movies, pictures, paintings, books and so much more to express the way we feel about things. Why the hell did someone invent music?

11. Yeah that's fine still doesn't change the fact music has a purpose also.  I don't know maybe you should go ask some of the earliest tribes why they invented music, I'm guessing the reason is probably because 99.9% of people enjoy it.

12. If it were possible, then every songbird on the planet would be dead lol. Where do you think mankind discovered music?

13. #33 Super00141, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
    Old tribes also used to throw people in volcanoes, but we don't do those practices anymore... Why did music survive the test of time?

But I didn't come here to argue... Some people like cheese, some don't. I'm not here to dictate and say music is stupid. I don't see the reason your into it, and you can't see why I hate it. The best way I can describe it is, you know that one genre you absolutely hate? That's how I feel about all music.

I have also tried to get into music, but everything just sounds like dying cats...

14. Like I said it survived and is popular because 99.9% of people enjoy it and it's one of the most effective mediums of expression.

I don't mind if you like it or not that's on you, I was just saying it has a purpose.  If you think that all music sounds like dying cats well I just find that crazy, what about all the horrible cars, trains and plane noises you hear everyday, I mean if you don't like pieces like Debussy then the horrible machinery sounds that permeate our earth must be a hell for you.

15. I don't mind machines, factories, planes. I don't mind loud noises at all. Music is something different. It's just... Just awful.

16. i'll give just about anything a listening to when im high, doesnt translate to me liking it though.
    shit right now im listening to Sting..im either that high or i just dont give a fuck :D

17. I absolutely hate all music! It is humanly possible to hate all music because I don't like any kinds of music at all and I am a human. People ask me why, I say that I just hate it, they don't seem to get it. They always say that everyone likes music, I don't. If you think I am faking or lying, I am not, I can guarantee that I dislike all music. So yes, it IS humanly possible to hate all music.

18. I don't know about hate, but my Dad said his parents did not have any care for music. Very unlike myself.

19. My brother never really listened to music. Got ahold of his ipod touch when we were younger. Had 16 songs, one of which was Miley Cyrus Party in the USA. Never let him live that down.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. it is completeley possible to hate all kinds of music and one of those people is me, i first thougt it was very strange and i was the only person alive who thougt so until i read a bunch of threads and foud this. Scientists discover why some of us 'hate' music