Is it humanly possible to hate all music?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Royksopp, Jun 3, 2010.

1. #1 Royksopp, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2010
    We are all here in the particular forum because we love music. There are genre's dozens upon dozens of genres to fit your particular liking. But have you ever heard of someone who loathed music? I have yet to. I started wondering if it's even humanly possible to hate it. Sure, you can hate certain genres for whatever reason, but to not find a single kind of genre that fits your taste? Is it possible? I don't think it is. Discuss.

2. i dont think so because the way we are built as humans is the only way we can understand the different sounds in music all together as music. Y would we be made that way it we werent meant to enjoy music, each and everyone of us. If tham makes sence haha im flying

3. nah i can honestly say that the only type of music i cannot fucken handle is Metal not all metal just Death metal and shit like that shit is so fucken annoyin i swear not even music at all seriously...... thats just my opinion though

4. I FUKIN HATE MUSIC!!!! Lol but but on a real note i do know people who could live without music like they really could give 2 fucks ( wierdos)

5. i think i've heard of some die hard baptists who don't beleive in music...?

or something similar.

6. What the fuck? Hahah living without music...that...that just can't be. That's absurd.

7. I don't think it's humanly possible to hate music. I think music had left it's impression on us eons ago, when ancient shamans were beating drums while their subjects were in a trance-state. I think that early beat made it's way into our collective unconscience, and has stuck with us ever since. Music has been a part of human civilization before we were even civilized.

If you think about it, rhythm is a natural thing that is everywhere. Everything from weather patterns, to the flapping of a birds wings, to your very own heartbeat - all moves in a pattern.

8. "Music soothes the savage beast":D:metal:

9. "Without music, life would be a mistake."

10. That's a really really really good question.

And... I ... don't know.

Usually I could put together a logical response to this kind of shit but ... this is like trying to imagine a totally new colour.

11. Not possible.

Come on, not possible

12. It seems impossible, and would be very fucking sad if it was true. I know i can hardly go a day without music (more like a few hours, and i start getting withdrawals) let alone hating it all together. That's NUTS!

13. The closest is my sister. She always bitched, and told on me, for listening to music. We actually had a rule in my house I couldn't have music on after 6. Was literally hell. Then she asked me why I listen to music, she says she listens to one song a few times and then she's heard it. So she'd wait for a new CD. Maybe it's just me, but music saved my life.

14. Some people just don't have that appreciation for music and art haha it takes a certain kind of person to fully enjoy music methinks

15. Yeah exactly. I wouldn't buy a CD if I was only gonna listen to it 1-2 times. I still have CDs from the 90s I bump. Even got a few cassettes I'd bump if I didn't have them in CD form. Dunno I feel music to every extent. And I could give a fuck less if someone talks shit on it, we all like to be at ease. Well music will literally bring me out of anything.

16. It must really suck for whoever does.

17. #17 MadMunchies101, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2010
    Some people just aren't interested in music. I knew a guy in highschool who didn't have a c-d player i-pod, etc.. not because of money problems but just because music didn't interest him, he thought there were better things to be done than listen/make music.

Now i've yet to meet someone who just completely HATES music.

EDIT
    I agree, alot of people listen to and love music, but they don't appreciate or enjoy music to the fullest extent. Either way is great, but for those that can, do it. I think it comes easier if you know basic music theory and or play an instrument.

18. Nope it's impossible for that person to exist, if it ever does happen, though, I think the universe would implode on itself.

19. Yes it is actually. There some people who have disorders that cause them to not enjoy music. It can cause them to run out of a room because the sounds they are hearing are distressing to them. There is an excellent book by Oliver Sacks called "Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain." Oliver Sacks . Musicophilia

20. I could never imagine anyone not liking any form of music. It is our culture of humans.