Is it harvest time?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by baretero66, Mar 2, 2013.

1. My flowers trichomes are turning orange/brownish.
    They are almost 5 weeks into flowering. My seed bank says they are between 7-9 weeks to harvest. This is my first time
    Growing so I need some input on harvesting time.

Should I wait for the 7 week or take them all the way to 9? I was thinking to harvest march 31.

Any opinions?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Let it go you want 90% amber

Sent from iPhone 5

3. All right. I'm waiting till march 31 then. Thanks

4. Are you sure it's the trichomes and not the pistils (the hairs) that are starting turning brownt No plant is done flowering at five weeks. You can't set a harvest date. You have to get a microscope and examine the trichomes. At this stage, they may be clear or just starting to get cloudy. When they are ready for harvest, you start seeing amber trichomes. That may be at 7 weeks, 8, or 9 weeks.

5. Microscope? I don't live in a lab dude.

Thanks for the input.

6. Are you serious? U need a microscope 20 to 30x u have to check trichomes

7. I just bought a 100x handheld microscope from radio shack for twelve bucks, if you weren't going to do it right why even fuck with it, dude.

8. You can get a jewelers loop off Amazon for about $20 or so. It really is the best way to tell. I hate those damn radioshack microscopes.

If you have good eyes, a scope isn't really a requirement. I can look and see what color the trichs are, I just use the scope to verify.

You can harvest any time after the trichs go cloudy. Many people that prefer less of a couch lock will harvest without a whole lot of amber.

9. Also, you are probably looking at closer to nine weeks of flower. Your calyxes haven't begun to swell so your most likely at least three weeks early.

10. #12 Freeborn, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2013
    Just harvested this last night

1 NL scrog 450 wet weight

It's better to wait till its ready than to rush it down

Sent from iPhone 5

Attached Files:

11. I can't see the picture.

Reload
    Please

12. image-3374570076.jpg

Sent from iPhone 5

13. That's amazing. How many plants ?

14. Just one

Sent from iPhone 5

15. Just one NL sprouted on nov 1st 2012 flowers for 80 days

Sent from iPhone 5

16. How do you keep it in flowering for so long ?

17. That's how long it took for the trichs to be where I wanted them for how ilike the high to be

Sent from iPhone 5

18. How do you check them to make sure they are where you want them to?