Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is it harder for overweight or obese people to get high?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Mattstoner117, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Ok well the thing is I have a really good friend who is what I would call overweight he has a huge gut n all (not trying to be mean) and I have been friends with him for years now and he asked me for some weed, so I asked him to come over to my place and we can smoke up. btw he has never smoked weed in his life but he has smoked cigarettes. and we are going to roll joints and use a bong so like how much would he need to smoke and what method of smoking would be best and I have about 1 gram of White widow, yes spent most of my pay on it and I also have 7 gram of Blue Chronic.

2. Some people dont get high there first time, and yeah the bigger you are the bigger tolerance.

3. I don't think weight effects a high from smoking much at all.
    Weight usually matters when you're taking a substance orally.

4. yeah makes sence

5. idk about all that. Isn't there just a receptor in the brain that gets us high?

6. Don't listen to this guy.

Everyone gets high the first time, they just don't know the feeling yet.

Weight has nothing to do with the potency of weed in my experience. With no tolerance your buddy will be toasted OP. Take care of the big fella.

7. Weight probably does play a part in tolerance. It certainly takes our more jolly friends longer to feel full after dinner so I guess it could be the same with weed..

Disclaimer - based on no scientific evidence whatsoever.

8. I don't care how big you are, if it's your first time and you take a few bong rips of the dank you're gonna get baked. Not much room for error (inhalation wise) when you're hitting a bong.

9. How are eating and smoking even close to the same thing?

Smoke goes into the lungs and is absorbed into the bloodstream. Food goes into your stomach to begin digesting.

If you always eat big meals your stomach will stretch over time allowing you to eat more.

Smoking often does not make your lungs bigger.

10. The reason most people say they "don't get high" their first time is because they are usually smoking mids out of a joint or pipe, and simply don't inhale right. They'll be with their gay little high-school buddies who are passing a joint around, and they won't inhale right.

If it's good quality bud, and you smoke it out of a bong, you WILL get high.

The first time my girlfriend smoked, I filled a waterfall bong up with ice, and milked very small hits out of it for her. All she had to do was inhale the smoke in the bottle. It was very easy for me to see that she did in fact inhale, and she got quite bakie.

11. Isn't the feeling of being high being high though, if you don't feel high then you're not high. You can't be high and feel normal because being high is the feeling of being high. I am also rather high as I write this.

12. I'd like to say no, not everyone does. I felt absolutely nothing the first few times, then when I actually got high, I knew it. I felt different, not like the first couple times.

13. im not too fat but i do weigh about 240 im a big guy in general so and no i get high as fuck just as the next guy about 10 seconds then the next hit 10 seconds after im real baked our tolerences aere actual lower because through the fat there are blood vanes small ones some microscopic so they absorb the thc the most

14. No dude... I'm 6'6" and a good 270lbs and I can get high as fuck off a few chillum hits. I've never had a problem getting baked unless it was from shitty weed.

15. Weigh does not affect you're tolerance in regards to cannabis. The chemicals go right to your brain. Everyone's brain is the same, relatively.

16. I'm overweight and I get baked.

17. hehe I know dude, Only thinking out loud and trying to be funny! Weight isn't a factor as far as I know.

18. Me too!

19. Weight has nothing to do with your tolerance. It does effect how long marijuana stays in your system, as its stored in fat cells.

20. Lol. That's good. Ignorance on this site knows no boundaries so one never can tell.