Is it hard to envision that there is no intelligence or creator behind reality?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by YEM, Apr 13, 2012.

1. . . . ?

2. pretty sure that something created all of this. the evidence is in anything that you worship or praise about this place and i'm not just talking about a religion but it could be in everything that you love.

3. turtles all the way down

4. #4 esseff, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
    Not so hard, but it very much depends on what you've been able to imagine/experience before this.

While the classic idea of the stereotypical bearded bloke looking down and judging his creation, only really works for the die-hard stalwarts these days. The idea that the universe manifests what might be termed intelligence, that there is more to life than many minds can imagine, and there is something far more real all around us, without needing to label or define it, that makes it possible to realise, once an individual's awareness has grown, that we are so much more than our little ego suspects.

What this is needs no definition, as how it's felt is always an individual and unique thing. Is there any doubt that this is so once this realisation or awareness takes place - no. Will those who are not ready to feel it, see it, get it, make sense of this - no. There's no reason why they should. Life is what you see it to be. It's your life, and there's nothing to make you have to see it any way that doean't seem right to you.

Does that mean you haven't seen it all yet - definitely. If you can accept that, then all you can really say is what you don't feel to be true right now, and leave room for what you might feel differently about later.

5. Well, both sides have relatively valid ideas. The universe exhibits very unique properties and due to certain parameters (set during its formation) we exist. And if those parameters were altered it's likely things would've ended up quite different.

Some people have a hard time accepting 'coincidence' so they could interpret this as the imprint of an intelligent designer. Many of us here (including me) simply interpret that as a coincidence (this point is elaborated in great detail through the 'anthropic principle')

Maybe what people really get hung up on is determining whether something is a coincidence or a miracle (whatever the antonym is for coincidence). I don't know, just a random thought.

6. synchronicity vs coincidence

7. Is there a difference?

8. The way I see it, if I see a Lambo on Mars, I'm not going to think it all magically came together. Somebody designed it. How much more advanced are human beings designed?

9. biological machines are exactly like mechanical machines. argument settled!

10. It does not matter, we will never know to be honest, and that is alright.

Either way the universe and I came into existence together, therein I and everything are one.

:smoke:

11. It could be, that the earth is not a planet like we think.. but merely the back of a Grant Turtle swimming through the Great Ocean of Time.

12. I ask myself, what makes this life most capable of understanding?

The fact reality itself exists, I mean life, outer space, The sun, black holes, emotions of all sorts, and just what seems to be an infinite universe surrounding us. I say there is more going on then we know.