is it going to die?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tastybud, Nov 17, 2011.

1. I'm not thinking it is but i know i over watered

just wanted to know what people think..

Attached Files:

2. give it a couple of days. looks like it has good color. DONT WATER IT! till the top couple inches of soil are dry. we forget that its a weed. they dont need much to grow

3. fersure thanks

also do you know if the stems are that purpleish color for a reason?

4. [quote name='"tastybud"']fersure thanks

also do you know if the stems are that purpleish color for a reason?[/quote]

Sounds like a phosphorus deficiency and/or it could possibly be a strain trait too.

Ive had some strains that will redden or purple up the stems, even slightly, no matter what I try to do to correct it.

5. i asked this same question when my plant was young. but now where there is new growth it is purple and green. like strips looks pretty kool. i dont think its a problem. i think its the strain. unless the plant is not growing then id worry but if its growing dont worry about it

6. its bluberry diesel and i have no idea if its a strain trait or not

7. dont worry about it. she will be ok.

8. purple stems could be due to cold night twmps.....

9. yeah thats what i was thinking to but im have a hard time regulating the temp at night

any suggestions?

10. I have a hard time regulating warmth but it doing fine. Grows a half inch every night. It justa slows the growth unless its under 55 then that's deadly. Now my question is how many times do you water the girls and has any thing happen to em?. They looked like mi.e a week or two ago and mine was shock and they needed more water. The soil looks like it absorbs water so it could be taking it out. Now put in mine that I'm still new and you may want to ask and listen to the pros but just throwing my 2 cents in.

11. Oh and what I do to try to keep warmth is I put blankets over I 3 hours before night time cycle if you do 18/6. But to be honest its all trial and error. It kills me to to know I might kill them but ill know not to do that next time. Lol

12. It looks fine,I have had purple stem if plant looks good dont try to fix it.water one time every 3 days and only 10% of water to amount of soil mix 10 gallons mix 1 gallon of water.dont over feed em or under or over water stick with the 10% thing.

13. temps try for 75 deg try not to go over 85.

14. looking a little better:D

Attached Files:

15. soil looking a lot dryer.. good job.
    tiny plant only needs tiny water.

16. yeah i know its gotten a lot drier but still wet under the top layer of soil

17. [quote name='"christinal"']I have a hard time regulating warmth but it doing fine. Grows a half inch every night. It justa slows the growth unless its under 55 then that's deadly. Now my question is how many times do you water the girls and has any thing happen to em?. They looked like mi.e a week or two ago and mine was shock and they needed more water. The soil looks like it absorbs water so it could be taking it out. Now put in mine that I'm still new and you may want to ask and listen to the pros but just throwing my 2 cents in.[/quote]

Your are new. You are trying to help.

But.....< 55 isn't quite deadly at all. My outdoor plants went thru many, many, many cold nights at 50 or less and were more than fine. I even went so far as to let them feel the first soft freeze's of the season which lasted approx an hour each in the early morning. Then, it got the chop.

Btw, a pic of some of the finished product.(just took, lighting not the best)

a pic of the plant it came off of.

and a pic of a nice fresh bud off that plant.

I'm not advocating cold temps, just correcting fallacies.

Experience more. Learn more.

Attached Files:

18. looks fine to me i keep my temps between 15 celcius and 25 celsius and never had a problem. i do have a couple of stems with red on them but my plant is healthy and fine so i leave her alone.

19. it will be fine just dont water it yet lol i wait till 3 inches is dry before i water again but i also use a moisture meter so when its getting dry on the meter in all places i water untill 25% runoff every single time. never had an over/underwater problem ever and i hope i dont.