Is it female or male or it doesn't show yet

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Infamous pineapple, Sep 26, 2016.

1. I think it's show its gender but I'm not sure I'm going to post a picture. IMG_20160925_183150.jpg

2. I cant see pistils or balls yet.

3. Guess il have to wait until it shows its pre flower but thanks anyways

4. See the 2 swelling shiny green bulges at the node? That is where the preflower will appear. The tiny grass-like "blades that appear in front of the "bulges" are called stipules, and the preflower will emerge directly behind them. 4 locations at each node where the stipules will appear and the preflower behind and in front of the stems. If your plant is over 3 weeks old, 90% chance there is a preflower somewhere on that plant. Often it's just one location and you need to look at all possible locations with a magnifier if possible.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Oh wow thanks didn't know that I'll get looking on each branch other than that thanks appreciate it

6. In my experience it's normally the top nodes that show gender earliest. Tiny white hairs ( pistols) for female and balls ( polin sacks) for male.

7. True! 6th node and above most commonly. I see them on the fourth node occasionally. My current grow almost all showed on the fifth node. For me early sexing is not about hairs and balls but how the preflower looks as it emerges. Can't wait for hairs or balls to show, that comes later and I want them sorted way before that. Show me a picture with the clarity of that first no preflower pic, with an emerging preflower and sex can be determined.

8. Im uploading more pics IMG_20160928_190343.jpg

9. To me it looks like the hairs do its a female right?

10. Hello my friend!
    I think it's a little early to tell, but I'd venture a guess that it's female...!

11. Well in a way that comforts me if you say it's a female I'd also it is because they look like tiny white hairs plus I'm not going to lie but when I have my parents over they would give me advice on what to do they come from Mexican heritage so in a way I'm lucky to have them plus they don't judge me for growing or consuming it but yeah thanks im sure it's a female

12. Zoomed in pic of this section should give us a better idea Screenshot_20160929-071009.png .

Google is failing me now but just search for pics of female canabis flowers.

13. Now I'm sure it's female look IMG_20160929_063543.jpg

14. Also I have a second plant to me it looks like a calyx IMG_20160929_063745.jpg

15. First pic, yes , that's a lady :)

Second pic, give it a day or 2 more. Little early to tell but there's something there.

16. Yeah sure I'll post another pic when I see a change on the second plant hopefully it's a female because I'm using regular seed not to sure what strain but could be a type of indica is be lucky to get all trhree to be ladies also the tird one is too small still to be showing pre flower but will post pic if I see something

17. What can you.make off of this? CM161003-09241109.jpg