Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it even worth using a detox drink?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by just one toke, Feb 10, 2014.

1. I have a drug test coming up that I should be clean for, but my friend offered to give me a detox drink that he has. Is it even worth taking it? He said he'd give it to me for free so I figured there's no harm in taking it, but is it even worth it?

2. I have no experience with those drinks but I heard it could be a waste... It really depends though.

3. I'd be more trusting of the fake pee... Quick Fix?

4. Detox drinks are kind of risky, if you go with clean piss or synthetic urine you're almost guaranteed to pass.

5. Depends on how advanced the test is. If it's one that gets sent in to a lab they may be able to measure levels of certain compounds, and if they're above the limit they call your sample diluted. You say you should pass, and that's not something you would want to risk if you're going to pass any way right?

If it's one of those at home drug tests or something similar then go for it.

6. I'll already been clean for weeks in advance. I quit on Friday and the test isn't until late February or later. I smoked daily for a few weeks before friday tho...I am thin and gonna be drinking a lot of water so it would just be an added precaution basicallly

7. Hmm I didn't know they could test for the detox drinks... :/ idk how advanced the test is so idk. It's at Boeing tho so it's probably a lab test. I'm not sure tho

8. If you're not 100% sure you're clean you need to find someone with clean piss. 

9. Well the problem is I don't know how I'd know if I was 100% clean. I was gonna buy an at home test to test when I can pass that without diluting, but I don't know what the cutoff would be for a lab test...

10. The lab test will be able to detect considerably smaller amounts than at-homes. Find a friend with clean piss.

11. I know but most likely the test will be after the end of February. Is there a way to send urine to a lab to get it tested on my own before to see if I will pass? And I don't even know what kind of a test it will be. Maybe it will be supervised. I don't know...

12. I think most labs will want an order for a DT either from a doctor or employer or whatever but I'm not totally sure. Even if you do find a place that will test you, you aren't guaranteed to have the results back in time. Plus the cost. Drug testing is very expensive.