Is it ethical to...?

Discussion in 'General' started by xtiffany, Feb 14, 2009.

1. yeahh, i know. i just wanted to people to generalize the question. but some made it complicated. but its okay.

wanna add some details? let's all work together to come up with a reasonable answer! :love:

2. well if its the kind that floats then u shouldnt have to throw anyone over board should u ;)

but in all seriousness throw the person that is the most useless too society
    or rock paper scissors
    darwinism ftw

3. survival of the fittest, i would say a 300 pound man is far from the most fit

4. Have you read any of the other post in this forum, or did you just decide to jump in and be stupid. You don't know any info on any of the 4 other people, one of them could have a severe heart and lung problem, or hell one of them could have aids. How would the 300lb person be less fit then, what if he is a survival expert, how is the least fit.

I still don't understand why the op has not corrected the orig question and told more details, that should happen or this thread should be deleted, all it will do is cause argueing. Without knowing every variable, and every possible cirumstance, then no one, not even the smartest person in the world could give a reasonable answer.

ALSO, what if the man is not fat and still 300 lbs? What if he is a good 6'5 and 300 lbs of muscle, how is he the least fit then, you cant just make stupid accusations based on one piece of info.

5. well seeing as i only read the OP because that was the original question i feel my judgement was ok especially based that how do you know if someone has a disease. just because you have a different opinion doesnt make me wrong. even if someoen was 300 lbs of muscle. thats 300 pounds. you might need more than one person to equal his weight

• Like Like x 1

6. dude, you need to calm down. you are taking this question too seriously.

i jsut wanted this question to be generally answered and you had to make it all complicated. and i didnt want arguing. i wanted it to be a civil dicussion and you had to take it all personal.

take a deep breath and calm yourself.

7. [​IMG]

its the chill out zone... chill the fuck out

8. [​IMG]

9. No I just take offense to all the idiots on this forum that just jump in stupidly to a convo, you know what fuck it...

kill the fat ass see if I give a shit, im a skinny mofo I don't care.

10. now you're a hypocrite. haha.

11. hes not even real! so who gives a fuck what anyone says. seriously man

12. its probably already been said
    but under most ethical systems, except utilitarianism, no one has the right to decide if someone dies. So no, it is not ethical, even though you end up dying.

13. that is true. but this type of quesstion is best answered with a utilitarian mindset.

14. What if someone attacks you? Is it ethical to kill them in self defense...even if youll end up dying by NOT doing it?

Its your life or his. Situation is still the same

15. Yeah, but then you have to debate utilitarianism, and how it sacrifices the natural rights of some people, thereby exploiting them, for what is essentially some form of profit for others. haha you can argue this shit in circles all day.

16. #116 agenttc89, Feb 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2009
    Problem->Solution.

Technique:

COST-BENEFIT ANALYSIS. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost-benefit_analysis

Cost: Fatty, Fatty's knowledge/skills

Benefit: The (possible) continuation lives/skills of the 4 others

Verdict: ?

17. And yes its ethical, because he is trying to attack your right to life and safety, which is guaranteed at your birth, therefore you can do anything you have to, within the lines of social reason to defend it. Thats not a utilitarian concept because it doesn't deal with "means defy the ends" type of crap.

18. Fuck everyone else man, I'm always looking out for my ass. Except in the case of very, very close friends, it's your ass if I have any say in the matter.

Ethics only get in the way of the decisions that need to be made.

19. oh well that's just poorly provocative. making hasty decisions is a fine way to put yourself in a jam.

you need rational analysis.

20. Same theory the Nazis had on certain racial groups.