Is it considered fraud to submit substituted urine for pre-employment drug test?

Discussion in 'General' started by POTFORTY2, Mar 11, 2012.

1. I know it's considered fraud if you try to cheat on a government funded test. However, can you get in legal trouble for cheating on a pre-employment test or any trouble with future employment at other companies?

I am almost sure you can't and this is a dumb fuck question, but I searched on Google and message boards and no one verifies the answer to this question. so I figured I would ask.

I have a faded line on my test so I am doing substitution Monday and am going to practice a shit ton tomorrow and perfect my method. I was going to play the Mission Impossible theme song on my MP3/headphones (Da da duh duh!) to get me in secret agent mode. By any chance, do you know if they will they allow me to have my MP3 when taking sample? If not ill just play it in my head figured I would ask tho.

Thanks in advance,
    POTFORTY2

2. I Honestly don't know, but every decent test records the temperature of the urine sample. If your urine doesn't have the temperature range of normal urine, made at a bathroom a few minutes ago, then the clinic records that.

Your Boss will know. Impossible to cheat with pre-made pee pee (lol pee pee)

3. I am pretty sure it isn't illegal because I have read when people are caught they're only asked to submit another sample. Probation is another story. I would like to know for sure tho.

Lol pee pee is a funny word. Ya I am using my bros urine and hes gonna piss close by the lab so its the right temperature then I am gonna hide/tape it in my gooch so my body heat should keep it the right temp. I am going to practice with my own urine and record how long it will maintain temperature, I am pretty sure it will hold for a while. I am certain they only check if its between 90-100 which gives me 10 degrees of leeway which should be reasonably easy to get by.

4. Damn shit is complicated huh. Can't u just drink a shit ton of water and use Niacin supplement before the test

5. Ok I just read the sheet they gave me to take to lab.

"I also understand that with positive, adulterated, or substituted results will result in a withdrawal of the job offer (and I cant get a job there for 1 year blah blah nothing else important)"

This relieves my concern but I also read

"I also understand that, unless prohibited by State Law, associates with such test results will be terminated and not eligible for rehire (ever)"

Now, I am pretty certain the unless prohibited by State Law is for the associate. In other words there are some states that protect associates from being fired OR not allowed to be rehired ever OR both? I feel like this wording is confusing that doesn't make sense to me. I am sure if there were a chance of being charged with fraud they would state it on this sheet but I see it no where so I am relieved but at the same time a little confused by the second quote posted...

6. I have done extensive research. The problem with this is they check for creantnine (I think thats how its spelled) which you can get in a supplement called creatine but it takes 24-48 hours for creatine to convert to creantnine. In short dilution only works if you have at least a week to prepare, if you don't prepare a week in advance with creatine they will know it's a tampered/diluted sample and fail your ass.

7. If you just go out and grab a bottle of fake urine it should have a thermometer on it so you can be sure. Just put on some tight fitting briefs and tuck it under your junk. I have always found it to stay up to temp that way.

8. no, the only thing that can come of it is termination of employment.

9. Aren't drug tests confidential. If they find out that you cheated/or failed the test that is only between you and the company that is hiring you. Like for example if you get fired for being lazy from your job they can't tell that to other companies. Same thing applies to drug tests. Its Confidential. lol no one would even risk a drug test if they can be arrested for it, the test is a probablity and probability can be challenged in court lol.

10. I am pretty sure you're right and I am gonna have the nuts to do it cause I am sure I can get away with it.

One thing I read that is disturbing...

"There is one exception, if an employee has a commercial driver's license and they do test positive they must be reported to the Department of Public Safety. And, anyone who falsifies a drug test can be prosecuted."

This was # 10 on this link 10 Things to Know About Workplace Drug Testing State Laws and Regulations in Texas | TestCountry Articles

Thoughts?

If I were to be charged for falsifying a drug test how serious would it be?

11. You're most likely correct. I will make sure there is no evidence (after collecting sample hiding bottle in pants in case they ask me to empty my pockets). And I seriously doubt they would go through the trouble to check DNA for every suspect unless it was a more serious cause (probation, government employment, etc.)

Any input or personal experience with being caught would be greatly appreciated.

12. I just realized what a commercial license is and it explains the quote much better!

"There is one exception, if an employee has a commercial driver's license and they do test positive they must be reported to the Department of Public Safety. And, anyone who falsifies a drug test can be prosecuted."

It makes sense now. The DPS prosecutes the person for falsifying not the lab. I do not hold a commercial license so I feel pretty certain I am in the clear if caught cheating the test. There's no way a lab or the government has the funds/resources to prosecute every suspect caught I am sure labs across the States get so many.

I also feel this is good information for someone to know if they do hold a commercial license.

13. Just so you know, it doesn't matter when you get the pee. I faked my DT for Walmart, no prob, with 2-day old piss. Heated it up on the way there with the car heater to 110 degrees, kept it tight up in my junk cause they make you wait 10-15 minutes, and whipped it out in the bathroom. Piece of cake. You really don't need to worry so much.. are you becoming DEA? :p

14. [quote name='"lewenberg"']

Aren't drug tests confidential. If they find out that you cheated/or failed the test that is only between you and the company that is hiring you. Like for example if you get fired for being lazy from your job they can't tell that to other companies. Same thing applies to drug tests. Its Confidential. lol no one would even risk a drug test if they can be arrested for it, the test is a probablity and probability can be challenged in court lol.[/quote]

They probably can't disclose details about your drug test other than you failed, because of confidentiality (unless you sign some type of waiver before, if they can do that), but a former/current employer can tell them if you were lazy, or called in a lot, etc.

[quote name='"POTFORTY2"']I just realized what a commercial license is and it explains the quote much better!

"There is one exception, if an employee has a commercial driver’s license and they do test positive they must be reported to the Department of Public Safety. And, anyone who falsifies a drug test can be prosecuted."

It makes sense now. The DPS prosecutes the person for falsifying not the lab. I do not hold a commercial license so I feel pretty certain I am in the clear if caught cheating the test. There's no way a lab or the government has the funds/resources to prosecute every suspect caught I am sure labs across the States get so many.

I also feel this is good information for someone to know if they do hold a commercial license.[/quote]

If its a non government/related job, I don't think you have much to worry about. I don't think the company nor the police would want to spend the money to prosecute someone trying to defraud a pre employment drug screen..as for commercial drivers, from what I've researched (wanted to be an OTR truck driver afte high school), anytime you fail a drug test from your employer when you're using your commercial license, they are required by law to notify the state....they are also required to randomly drug test you throughout your employment