Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it better to grind your bud or leave it be?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TooHighToThinkOfUsername, Nov 23, 2010.

1. by "leave it be" do you mean you put the whole nug in there? for me, i don't like grinding, i just break off small chunks and shove it the bowl. :)

2. If I wanted to get every last bit of THC out of a nug I'm not splitting anything, however I think tree does smoke better when ground. bowls will roll, no lumpy jays, ya know? If you have a keif catch and quiso your grinder out every so often you don't really "loose" much, just shake it off and save it for later.

3. I like to use my grinder simply because of the kief catcher. But, it really doesn't matter that much. It just burns a lot easier when its grinded up.

4. grinder all the way. burns better, and i love using my grinder. It adds another element to my smoking experience that i look forward to everyday. Also, you really can't beat the smell of a grinder full of freshly ground bud.

5. i like to break my bud up by hand, get to get a real close up look at those dank nugs

6. #7 jestblaze, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2010
    kief screen grinders are good for all weed but if it's some nice fluffy dry not dense pot you don't HAVE to break it up.... sometimes it's an adventure smoking the tip of a bud down to it's stem like smoking a dutch tulip

its just of the utmost importance to know that is improper to grind your stems and seeds if you have any

7. #8 Goldmine, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2010
    well since i got my chromium crusher ive been grinding all my shit up at once and just leaving it in the chamber. but i dont do any more than like two grams at a time. and then i'll just load small bowls directly out of the grinder i mean chamber until its empty. then grind more.

and i still get the same amount i wouldve if i didnt grind it.. i think. maybe i do lose a little bit inside the grinder, but not much. i'll get all that out next time im scavenging anyway so whats the difference huh.

and i dont like smoking unground buds bc they never burn as uniformly as required by i. i mean me.

8. If the OP is talking about storage. Then, you leave it in nug form. Dont grind it and then store it. It will lose aroma and whatnot. So just grind it when your ready to smoke.

9. Just like dmx said, don't grind it for storage. Keep those little nuggers in tact until the last minute.

I love to smoke ground up weed. You get thicker smoke than when you put in a whole nug, it rolls better in pieces, and it's obviously the way to go when you're rolling blunts and joints. But it's really all about preference. That's what makes weed so beautiful :)

10. LOAD THE BONG WITH YOUR FAT NUGS!

Grind like 10 times in a decent metal grinder for spliff/blunts imo.