Is it better to call someone out...?

Discussion in 'General' started by bkadoctaj, Oct 9, 2008.

1. ... or to just let them continue bullshitting?

2. Depends on the person. If it is someone I don't know too well, then I just go with it. But I have no trouble what-so-ever calling my friends out when I know they are bullshitting. But others times, no matter who it is in question, you just need to know when to bite your lip and take it.

3. well, standard internet protocol is to call them out, but dont expect the thread to be anything but bullshit.

4. I'm a big fan of calling people out immediately, unless i know i can't do it without being a complete asshole. Or if I know that they're gonna take it REALLLLLY badly. There are some people with whom I will just nod my head and smile, when i fully realize everything coming out of their mouths is pure BS

5. I challenge anyone and everyone. If they are spreading bad information around, Im the first one to speak up and challenge them. Ive do this to my best friend all the time, I can sort of tell he gets pissed but we are both the debating type so it usually works it way out.

6. I'm a realist. I would say call em out. Bitting our tongues in not always healthy, unless the person doing the calling out isn't capable of doing it in an intelligent manner. (And I know you are.) Pink elephants are never good to have just hanging around. IMO Much Love.

7. Always call them out. The more retarded the shit they say, the more it needs to be done. A few days ago I was chilling with some friends, and there was a girl there I had never met before. She kept going on and on about how she could get weed with 300% THC and other profoundly ridiculous bullshit. I asked her to prove it, and all she could do was say that she read it somewhere. I pulled up a ton of info that more than proved her wrong, and she kept saying it was all bullshit, because she knows where to get the real info.

8. Sounds like a trick in more ways than one.

9. If this is all related to the whole "Internets Community", then yes, it is your trollish duty to call that mother fucker out!

If it's life, ...that's complex.

10. Call them out.

11. Word. When its people I dont know I just ad a little sarcasm in and ignore em. Unless they tell me something completely farfetched and wack, then I call em on it.

12. Call them out.. through PM.

If its in real life.. call them out one on one.

Most problems have a solution.

13. when it gets to the point its ridiculous, ill say something. i just let small stuff go, people try so hard to impress others, i just chalk it up to people having low self esteem, or no life. At some point however it gets stupid and ill say something.

14. Depends on what kind of Bullshit you talking about.
    Is we talking internet or real life?

15. I like leading them on by playing along, but is it for my ego? Maybe... I'd rather admit the possibility than deny ha.

16. You should always call people out when there's bullshitting going on.

17. #17 Nananana, Oct 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
    On the internet - Call everyone out.
    In real life do so at your discresion. Call them out if what they're saying is majorly wrong but don't be annoying and call everyone out on every tiny little mistake/exaggeration they make.

18. It depends on what they're bullshitting about. If they misstate something or are saying something that's only slightly incorrect, it's alright to let it slide. However, if they're spewing bullshit like a fire hydrant, call the fucker out. If someone starts to say something seriously fucked up, like some racist bullshit, I'll call their asses our right in front of everyone. If someone simply says something wrong, and it's not hurting anyone, though, I'll let it slide, or tell them off to the side why what they're saying is wrong.

19. people who bullshit, and bullshitters, and will always be bullshitters, you will never change them, why bother calling them out?

20. Ride the line. Call them out periodically and then the rest of the time, let their own statements do the illustrating.

Less time consuming and more effective.