Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it bad to make a bowl out of aluminum foil

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ericesn, Feb 24, 2009.

1. gonna go toke in a few minutes or so, going to test my home made bong and wanted to know if its ok to use aluminum foil for a bowl or if thats toxic.

2. i cant remember its either tin foil or aluminum foil that u dont smoke...:confused:

3. dont smoke tin foil.

its pretty controversial whether or not smoking aluminum foil is healthy and you're going to get mixed answers.

just make an apple pipe.

4. The simple answer;
    Yes. Its bad.

5. thats all i needed, just gotta make a bowl with some other materials then

6. Do not smoke out of aluminum foil. some ofthe foil will vaporize and you'll inhale some of the metal in the smoke. the same thing applies for soda cans and whatnot.

The metal pipes and one hitters you buy at shops are fine though because they are not foil, even if they are aluminum.

7. A regular old bic won't heat up the foil enough to release the toxins (so I'm told) so give it a go. It'll taste like ass though.

8. just roll a jay if ur nevouse pick up some zig zags or use bible paper if u dont want to hit up the store

9. The whole reason for the bong was to avoid rolling a joint, all I have is treated paper which is super toxic.

10. do you have a apple, carrot, or potato? make a pipe out of any of the above.

11. Fuck smoking out of a carrot or potatoe. I wouldn't like the taste they impart. Apples have a nice added flavor tho!

12. Yea thats no good and just kinda crack heady, IMO. Make an apple pipe or the old spoon and knife trick or get some papers, bible papers etc.

13. So a soda can is definitely not good to smoke with?

14. personally I just think its gross. get a cheap 10 dollar pipe

15. I've used tin foil bowls many times. Not anymore, but back in the day when I didn't have a piece, I'd make sick bongs and use tinfoil as the bowl.

Never had a problem. I wouldn't recommend doing it, but I doubt it'll hurt you. If your paranoid, burn the bowl with a lighter to get rid of any of the "toxins".

16. probably not the best thing to do if you think you'll enjoy remembering things for more than 15 seconds at the age of 50..
    your call tho.

17. well back from trying out my bong , used a copper thing for a bowl anyways the bong.... didnt work at all, it wouldnt milk so im just gonna trash it and get a real bong in like a week

18. I've heard either tin foil or aluminum can lead to alzheimers. I just try to stay away from things that crackheads use aka lightbulb vapors, pop can, or even pop bottle bongs.

19. aluminum foil is tin foil, tin foil is aluminum foil..... tin foil has entered the lexicon as Al foil