Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it bad for your eyes?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Revivable, Jun 16, 2010.

1. We all know that smoking it Causes your eyes to go red, Possibly because of the short term raised in blood pressure.

But does having your eyes blood shot many times a month/week depending on how much you smoke, Have any negative affects long term or short term?

2. An interesting question, honestly I don't think it will affect your eyesight at all. I suppose with heavy heavy use over time, your eyes could become sore or irritated but I've never experienced that.

Now wearing contacts, THAT is annoying on the eyes sometimes.
    :wave:

3. I heard marijuana can make eye sight better.

(Dont have the facts to prove it though)

4. This is a really good question. I'm not sure of the answer, but prolonged use of eye drops can't be great for your eyes. It is used to treat glaucoma, though.

So, it can't be that bad.

5. If you smoke daily your eyes really don't get red anymore, at least not me, so I doubt it matters since your eyes can adjust.

6. Mine still do, sooooo red and ive smoked everyday for a while now, probably cause i got red hair hahaha:)

7. I was just gonna say the long term use of eyedrops can't be good for them. I wear contacts and I use hayfever eyedrops for my red eyes (but they're hayfever ones so they clear hayfever too).

8. There is evidence that Marijuana use can help relieve the condition of Glaucoma (pressure that builds up in your eye/eyeballs). However, I would imagine that this is only with moderate use. Heavy use could be detrimental to your eye health because you dry it out so much (the eye is an organ that functions off of lubrication).

But take what i said with a grain of salt. No one really knows for sure.

9. Yeah, the wonderful burn of Rotos probably isn't great for me. Oh well, Jeebus invented sunglasses for a reason:cool:

10. It's not just your eyes getting red; it's your whole body, because of increased heart rate. The eyes are white, so you can see the redness in them.

11. Smoking isn't necessarily bad for your eyes but putting eye drops in excessively is.

12. Your eyes get red because it's a vasodilator. It widens the blood vessels in your eyes,allowing more blood to flow. This leads to the red color.