Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it as stupid as it sounds?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by life like weeds, Oct 20, 2011.

1. I have been considering moving out to Cali or maybe going to college there when I graduate HS(I am 18, medically withdrew a year, for you age police) so I can get a medical card.

I have severe PTSD, Major depression, ADHD, and problems with anxiety.

I go to a psychiatrist and am on medication that helps, but marijuana is MUCH more helpful, and much less harmful.

Where I live, despite the majority of the population supporting total legalization and the overwhelming majority supporting mmj our governor instantly vetoes anything to do with it.

The thing is, I take 4mg of xanax and 30mg of adderall every day. I'm only 18, and there is no way that is good for me.

It feels like I'm paying $80 a week to permanently fuck up my body when I've already such a fucked up mind.

Medical marijuana would be the main reason where I to head out west to California, is that as foolish as it sounds in my head?

2. as stupid as it sounds? does it sound stupid to you?

Do what you want/wish my friend, then good things will come. if you really wish to move there then pursue.

I would try to cutdown on the prescriptions though thats quite a bit they have you on

3. Well, yes I'm ultimately going to do what I wish but I was hoping to hear what others might do themselves in such a situation.

I perhaps should have been more clear on that

4. Agreed, cut out those meds if you can without screwing up your life. There isn't much research which says they are safe and helpful to those with congenital mental disorders.

I doubt weed is your miracle drug either, but I don't doubt it's better than brand name pharmaceuticals.

I would personally not move 1000s of miles for medication, but would opt to first medicate secretly. If you keep getting caught and the courts deny your medical card/give you probation (if you are even in a medical state!), then I would think about moving. Hiding this from your parents shouldn't be difficult. There are many handheld vaporizers that would suit your needs stealthy and cheaply. :hello:

5. [quote name='"life like weeds"']Well, yes I'm ultimately going to do what I wish but I was hoping to hear what others might do themselves in such a situation.

I perhaps should have been more clear on that[/quote]

Looks lime your looking for an escape from how you are living now. I really don't think you will get the results you are looking for. You will just end up taking Xanax, aderall, smoking weed and be in the same position. Don't treat Cali as the golden state...have you ever tries cutting back on the prescription dirge?

6. #6 life like weeds, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2011
    I don't hide it from my parents, my mother knows I use it and understands how it helps.

I live in NH though, and the laws are probably the most harsh in the country for marijuana.

Not a miracle drug, but not physically addictive like what I take now, and I really don't like having to go to the black market for such things and risk my freedom for something that has no effect on others.

I have cut down on them believe it or not, it just seems like having it as a legal option will take care of the problem of having to deal with sketchy dealers where it's not always available.

If I have a constant source, it will be much easier to cut down and eventually(hopefully) get off at least the xanax entirely.

Unlike the average junkie I DO actually need it to function normally as of now, it's not just some drug I get high off or anything.

7. read this!

[​IMG]

8. Honestly, you just need to network better. And never smoke before or while you drive your stash home.

9. I think you should start by talking to your doctor -- tell them that you think MMJ would help you and see if there's anything they can offer you med-wise that can provide similar results. At the very least, tell them how you hate being so medicated and ask about changing up your prescriptions. Nothing against CA, because I live here and love it, but you have a lot of MMJ states in your neck of the woods if you live in NH -- there's VT and ME right next door, and RI and NJ a little bit farther away. If you're convinced that MMJ is the only way you'll overcome your problems, moving cross country still may not be the right solution for you and it's def not the only option you have. Moving cross country alone could even cause more stress/problems.