Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD Oil Is it an allergy ?

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by PierreDeLune, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Hi,
    For only a few days now, I've been a consumer of CBD infused oil, and I'm trying to get as much information as possible.
    I turned to this product because I need a natural remedy for severe migraines, recurring muscles pains and get a restorative sleep.
    After a week of testing, I would like to know if a full spectrum oil can cause an allergic reaction, like hives, given the terpenes it contains ? Have you ever heard this kind of reaction from someone who used FSCBD oil ?
    Knowing that I am quite sensitive to essential oils in general and have some food allergies, would you advise me therefore to prefer an isolates oil, despite the less guaranteed effects ?
    Thanks in advance for your feedback.
    And sorry for my English, I am French.

2. Any plant can cause an allergic reaction to a sensitive person and cannabis is no exception to that. With over 200 major and minor cannabinoids the odds of it having one your sensitive to is higher then many other plants.
    Hemp and Cannabis are essentially the same plant hemp was just bred for better rope and lower psychoactive properties.

We are still very early in the CBD use and like THC your on your own as far as experimenting to see if it works and are there side effects and do the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.

CBD did nothing for my pain but THC stops it. So I walk around pain free but very stoned. The tradeoff I can live with. Stoned trumps pain every time. I can live being high all the time.
    Full time pain, well we all know how that ends.

BNW

3. #3 PierreDeLune, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Thank you for your respond. I agree with you, but THC is illegal and my reaction to it is not really better. The last time, I felt as I was melting in all things around, perspectives from my vision modified and my body was so heavy.
    But I have to confess this is not an experience I can use like a reference, I was eighteen and I had smoked bad quality of cannabis.
    Anyway, I'd like to know if isolates present the same inconvenients ?

4. CBD is not really detectable directly for most people. However most report better feelings after a week on a full spectrum vs an Isolate.
    This is to be expected as part of Hemp-Cannabis is the whole of all the cannabinoids working in concert rather then one part selected.
    We see this in many of the Government approved Cannabis extracts just don't works as well as the black-market whole plant extracts do.

Cannabis IS a psychoactive drug and to much can be very intense but ultimately harmless. Micro dosing in gradually increasing amounts to find a comfortable range is best when starting out with any new drug.

BNW

• Like Like x 1