Is it a trap?

Discussion in 'General' started by Liz_Lemon, Mar 18, 2009.

1. #1 Liz_Lemon, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009
    I ordered a water pipe, screens, grinder and stone pipe from smoker's plaza, and today I get a pink slip in my mailbox that I have a signature required parcel at the post office, I can not waive the signature, I must pick it up.
    Sender is listed as "India" -- this is a first, most parcels are just dropped on the front porch, I don't think anything I ordered is strictly illegal, but WTF?
    Why would they send it with a signature required and why via US mail?
    Has anyone ordered from these guys before? Is this normal or should I just chalk it up to lost money and not go sign for the parcel?

2. I've gotten many packages from overseas that I have to go to the post office to sign for. No big deal. It's not illegal to own a "water" pipe for "tobacco." Don't worry about it.

3. yeah, sometimes you gotta sign.
    it's illegal unless it's resinated

4. shit man why you up? it's too fucking early lol

5. You mean legal unless resinated? Or am i too tired to add anything constructive to the thread lol.

6. damn and I even responded to that...I must be too tired to be in this thread...or too :smoking:

7. def too :smoking: i mean look at the time man! its munchy time!

8. im up and posting retared because i didnt sleep yet.
    ha
    going to sleep for a while now though.

and yeah, legal if clean is what i ment..

PC

9. I lolled about 12.32 times. Then stopped to take a breath.

10. why does everyone get all paranoid when they have to sign to pick up their pipes? Does no one order from the internet on a more regular basis? I know mayself that depending on the merchant I can expect to have to sign for at least one package every now and again.

The thing is that as a merchant they don't want to be accountable if the postman leaves it on your step and it gets stolen from there. Requiring a sig makes sure that someone at the receiving end did get what they paid for. Good customer relations if you ask me. I wouldn't want expensive stuff sitting outside my door all day

11. im sure your fine man, just dont be stupid and like wear a weed shirt and bring pot and another pipe that youve used, then they cant do shit but take it even if the cops are there

12. They can't even do that. It's a clean piece. There's nothing illegal about owning a glass pipe.

13. #16 Liz_Lemon, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2009
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the input.
    I'll pick it up.
    And I lol'd because when I got home tonight, there was a fedex sticker on the door, again, requiring a direct signature! So I started to get all 'noid about it and then remembered I bought a new computer in a Woot Off last week and that was probably what it was.

Attached Files: