Is it a man or woman?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by sweettrees, Jun 3, 2018.

1. image.jpeg image.jpeg I just want to ask the public if they believe this plant will be a female or male?

Im guessing male...

2. It looks like it could be too early to tell if its a female or a male, pictures are blurry, so it's hard to make it out, but it looks like new leaves, not reproductive organs. That plant needs alot more light though, got some crazy stretching going on there.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Too early to be 100% sure

• Like Like x 1
  4. I will fourth.........

To early to tell.

5. I know it too early. But with my experience all the fat ones are male. So this is on trend to be a male. Which is why i stated i guess male. By fat i mean the trunk is wider thicker than a female in my garden. Which has shown her sex. I have 2 males that have shown there sex and they all look like the one in this photo. Whereas the females are skinny stocks, trunks. Any not chunky leaves, or size either.

6. Seems all my best ones turn out to be male.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Good to know Ronhip. I was hoping for someone to say the opposite. But I guess im on to something. A too good to be true story apparently. The leaves are pillowed and larger than my hand already. And its only 2 months old. The color of the leaves is another dead giveaway. The darker the more i believe it will turn out to be a male.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I know u guyz have all these theories. But i had 2 plants that were identical, leaves height, bushiness. Only way I could tell em apart was that i name all my plants. One was female one was male. So u can’t always count on ur theories to be accurate.
    -Carry On

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I have no theory. I wait until they show something I can be sure of. But it's gotten to the point that whenever I notice one doing exceptionally better than the rest, and I start getting proud and making plans....... turns out to be the best male.
    When growing the same strain all the time is gets easier the more familiar you get. There have been times I grew a male all the way into flower because I was in denial. But I was safe because my males bloom so much sooner than the females that I have a time to catch it.

10. How dare you try to assume that plants gender!!! Hahaha!

"Let it be written, let it be done. Slowly I walk toward the fractured light."

11. Hon, your plant is unlikely to tell you if it is male or female at this point. See how the leaves are still in pairs? That means it is still a baby, immature! Start looking for signs of sex when the leaves alternate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Now you've confused me. What am I looking for when you say "pairs and alternates"? P1010001.JPG P1010002.JPG

13. Usually in young plants, the leaves show up in pairs. Each leaf has a mate directly opposite of it.

As the plant matures, the leaves are no longer in pairs. There is one leaf, then some stem, and then another leaf on the other side.

I assume that is a little autoflower plant you are growing? They are all about making buds ASAP due to their Siberian genes.

14. It's not an autoflower. At least it wasn't advertised as such. I got 4 of these going right now under 24 hr light. This one flowered. I just bought a bunch of crappy seeds this time.
    I have seen the stagger you are talking about, but never associated it with maturity. But of course that didn't happen with this one when it flowered. But then, I'm not calling these normal.

15. image.jpeg image.jpeg

Update
    Still trying to figure this one out. I have taken down a male and know i have 5 other females. This is my oldest largest plant and im sure its still not showing what sex it is? Im thinking it will be 100% female die to the unsymetrical internoding that is going on at the top. Also males grow very ugly usually. And this looks like she will be a beast by sept. Already almost 5 ft