Is it a girl?!?!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by monta, Mar 6, 2013.

1. #1 monta, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2013
    What up GC I haven't changed this 12/12 but I think it's already showing pistils? What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. how old is the plant? and i don't think they are pistils but cant really see, look like branches to me, any closer shots?

3. It's almost 3 months old and sorry I can't upload any more pics till tommarow. I think the cold temps at night are making it flower?

4. I think it should be pre-flowering at this age.
    don't think cold temps will make it flower as they flower by photoperiod but defo could be preflowering

5. No, it won't show sex until you switch to 12/12..... You can keep a plant in veg forever, thus a "mother plant"

6. That is wrong plants do show sex before the flip(maybe some don't) it's called pre-flowering.

7. There is not any indication of sex from these photos, what I see is growth that will happen on both male and female plants. With female preflower, you should see pistils, and males of course have the little plant nut sacks(very different growth than you will see on a female). I rarely grow males, but once you switch to flowering cycle those puppies will form seed pouches, catch them early in and separate or destroy them.
    Pre-flowering is not flowering, it is an indication that the plant is mature, and causes less stress when switching to flowering. It can also be caused when your plants are root bound, meaning no more room to grow. You can still veg with pre-flowering, that how we clone. I do not see any indication of pre-flowering from these pictures. I hope this helps you, Good Luck!

8. The fact that the top of the plant has staggered branches tells us the plant is mature so if its not showing sex it's gonna within days probably.
    If I remember correctly around a month veg is when the branches start to stagger and pistils start to show
    Can't see any in your pics yet though. And be careful because there will be pods before the pistils pop and its easy to confuse em for male. From the time the plant shows it is a male or you think it may be wait another week
    On my last grow the day I went to chop up a plant I thought was male it turned out to show pistils that morning. And it turned out to be my best plant that grow. Glad I waited

9. Thanks for the help everyone and let's hope it is a girl!!