Is it a crime to not like Pink Floyd?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by le shitfarmer, May 8, 2011.

1. Ok I would like to reiterate that I used to not like pink Floyd. Now I do, after listening to their other albums. I mean, I have always liked their singles that get played time and time again, like the wall, money, time, etc. But I don't like to judge bands by what gets played on the radio. I like to listen to a whole album. And thanks for the explanation of Ummagumma being their bag of tricks, I never knew that, I just assumed they all took way too much acid and thought it was music.

2. officer i'm clean why your dog keep on sniffin me?

3. We must not be thinking of the same album, the copy I have was recorded in 1969, the first half was live concert recording, the last half was some solo works by each of them. It was done way in advance of Darkside, Lapse or the Wall ... :confused:

4. Same album. An "unrefined" Floyd. They then went back to that album and drew bits and pieces of it into their future albums. So while it was released prior to the other albums, it's a peek into the toolbox that helped MAKE those albums. i think i explained it poorly before.:smoke:

5. Ummagumma is amazing, not just the live side either

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVdPHLdPnS8]YouTube - Pink Floyd The Narrow Way Part 1-3 from Ummagumma[/ame]