Is it a crime to not like Pink Floyd?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by le shitfarmer, May 8, 2011.

1. Elton John is the shit man..Gay or Not I don't care! :eek:

2. i'm glad he did post. Got me jammin' to some Floyd. And that makes ANY day better, imho.

If you listen to Umagumma AFTER getting intimately familiar with the rest of the great music, you will recognize many nuances and sound effects that carried over into the albums that everyone loves. It's kinda like looking into the bands toolbox of music.

3. Well said^^^^^^^

4. Piper at the Gates of Dawn is probably their most trippy album imo

5. Really? The Eagles?:eek: i can see the others, but the Eagles?:confused: i thought you were a pretty cool guy man.:cool: But idk about you now!:(;)

:p:p:p:smoke::smoke::smoke:

6. Check the echoes link i posted @ about 13 minutes in.(23 minute song) Halloween music man.......:smoke:

7. I like all Pink Floyd songs they all pretty decent they didn't get super good till Roger Waters took over even though with Syd Barrett they were still good.

8. yeah I know, funny story:

2006 I managed to get onto Mark & Brian (morning radio DJs here in LA, syndicated nation wide) and competed in their daily trivia contest against other listeners. I won 5 days in a row and got to play in the "Tournament of Champions" that year - lost in the 2nd round to the eventual winner...anyway...

One of my prizes for winning was a FULL box set of every Eagles CD ever made in Record Sleeves - ARV something like $200.

I gave it to my Boss as a wedding present.

That's how much I hate the Eagles. The ONLY song of theirs that I like is "Hotel California". Whenever they come on the radio I change stations.

Dunno why, just hate them.

9. You know it's a 'fallacy' that Waters 'took over'. He didn't. The band was a true collaboration between all four guys.

10. Yup its a felony

your sentence [​IMG]

11. You are dearly missed Syd.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyqgjCKm9nQ[/ame]

12. Now THAT is truly the kinda luck i usually have. i NEVER win a raffle, call-in, contest, etc. NEVER.

BUT, if i WERE to win something it'd be something i can't stand. Like a lifetime supply of coconuts!

13. hey my favorite albums are as follows(in no particular order):

Animals
    Wish you were here
    Dark side of the moon
    meddle

^all really chill.

honestly, i hate The Wall. Comfortably Numb was the only good song off the album. ugh going to delete this album off my ipod because the songs make me cringe when they come up

14. Fact: In Canada and northern United States, not liking Pink Floyd is not only illegal. It's impossible.

15. It's not a 'crime'.

But now you know. NOW YOU KNOW.

Cloudless every day you fall, upon my waking eyes, inviting and inciting me to rise.

16. Personally I think they're great, they wrote some amazing and thought-provoking tunes/albums. As a guitarist I always thought Gilmour had great phrasing and always knew the right notes to play.
    I can see how they aren't for everybody though, I have a few friends who don't consider Pink Floyd to be that great. Can't expect everyone to like all the same things right?

17. Should be, I know a lot of people that could be charged with possession of poor music taste. But again, taste is subjective.

18. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww you don't like pink floyd? wtf

19. Yes it's a fucking sin! Haha glad you are thinking now ;)