Is it a Bud

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by abs73, Aug 25, 2012.

1. I have had a plant growing in my garden which I'm unsure about, it has been growing fine. After returning from a week away my friend noticed these and thinks they are seed pods if so what action should be taken. They only appear on the lower half of the plant. P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

2. Yep, those are calyxes (bud, seed pods, etc), meaning you have a female there.

How old are the plants? How long have they been flowering?

3. hahahahah this is the first thing everyone learns in cannabis growing! hairs=female=buds. unless there are male pollin sacks to...then you got a hermie.

4. Of course its a bud

5. it's a girl! congrats!

looks like it just started flowering, so you have you between 2 and 3 months until harvest

6. thanks for the info I think it is a Herme just wanted clarification. It eems to be doing fine for an outdoor grow it is 12 weeks. Could really do with some decent weather to make it swell but looking forward to harvest. I will post some better photos soon.

7. you don't want a hermie though..

8. It's a hermie. The reason those calyxes are swelling early and the others aren't is because they've been pollinated. That's one of the easiest ways to tell a plant has been pollinated is if some hairs are turning amber way too early. If that's the only plant then it's most likely a hermie that pollinated itself.

9. There was a couple of little seeds that I removed before they matured. I was told as long as they dont pop out it should be ok. Since I done this I have had no more appear and that was 2 weeks ago. do believe the weather is playing me a bit if a bad hand everytime it looks like it is getting nice bam goes another cold front, the plant has had quite a bit of stress through this.

Now I do have 2 other plants on the go, should I be paniking?

10. Well it's true what your friend said, hermies tend to start out on the lower branches first, so check there for any pollen sacks. If you find pollen sacks on a branch you can either cut the effected branch off carefully, or try and continually remove all the pollen sacks to prevent as much pollination as possible. Warning, you will never get them ALL though, so expect a few seeds here and there unless you completely kill the hermies.