Is isopropyl alcohol dangerous?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mescaline, May 14, 2003.

1. Sucrose Octaacetate, Denatonium Benzoate, and Methyl Isobutyl Ketone, AREN'T WATER THEY DON'T EVAPORATE!
    no matter how well** you do it or how large** of a surface you use.

Don't just walk in and call a thread Crazy when you probably didn't even read it.

Using alcohol leaves traceable chemical residue, if you want that, go ahead, but don't lie and mislead people by acting like you know what you're talking about when you say it's fine.

2. #22 stachi, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2011
    Lets all smoke a joint and chill out !

3. Y are you mis quoting Che, you obviously look up the the cool rebel icon that people associate with him but why are you quoting him wrong? It was to abrasive not to say anything, that's all, I am very chill.... Bra..

4. Anyone who can't spell the name if their GOD, is really a damned fool. Two L's bro. Even a Jew knows that.

5. #25 gho0ost, Apr 8, 2011

i read every post in the thread. im looking past all these chemicals your talking about and telling people that from my experience, ive never had a problem, and the only chemicals that show on the bottle i have are 1. isopropyl alcohol, and 2. water. when you smoke your buds, theres ALSO other chemicals that are entering your lungs besides the thc, does that make bud not safe to smoke? to each his own.

6. #26 stachi, Apr 8, 2011
    By the way the red baron was a war killer and you name yourself after him !
    Very nice !! Well English is not my first language but I can spell the name of god!!
    Sorry Blades for going off thread!

7. You're just gullible if you can READ the label and know everything in it. Every chimerical i listen will be traceable in that hash, and EVERY bottle, even if you did get a pure alcho and water, contains dye and your right they don't have to put it on the ingredient, , I'm trying to help you not hurt your body.
    This is in low amounts but they are ALL manufactured chemicals which puts them in a completely different catigory than the CBD's that are found on marijuana and they are in marijuana. I vape my weed so actually your also wrong about my lungs as well. Its not a matter of each his own, you can fucking make hash with water, don't be an idiot and make it with the shit that leaves chemical residue.
    I'm not trying to mock your good experiences i'm just saying that its really dumb to tell people that because "you never had a problem" that that proves something. Of course you haven't had a problem or noticed anything. were talking about chemical residue on a molecular level, WTF did you think you were going to notice?
    bubble bags make far better hash, fuck this alcohol shit

8. I was eating a Red Barron pizza when i named myself.

The red Barron flew for his country he was a solder taking orders

Che turned on his own country men and slaughtered them, men, women, children, he gave the order.

See a difference?

Alah was my mistake, attacking a spelling mistake is pretty pointless and childish

9. Hey buddy cruel and unusual punishment making the words blue but no link :(
    Is there more information on bubble bags somewhere on here? I did a search and came up with a large quantity of threads and nothing that looked real promising. Like with everything else associated with this wonderful herb, I like to read as much info on the subject as I can and go with what works for me. But anyway I'd appreciated a push in the right direction for more info, or a DIY thread (wink wink nudge nudge those are my favorite! :D)

10. I don't agree with this. My bubble hash is damn good, but my pure Qwiso is ridonkulous. Both are damn fine though.

11. What micro were you smoking how many bags do you have a and are they brand name bubble bag. There should be 5 or more different qualities and the low would be lots more potent than the higher numbered hash. Also you have to compare what the hash was made from. Say bubble from trim vrs other methods using actual bud, obviously the latter would be more potent. But yea its opinion I suppose I just can't even compair the two in my experience.

12. UUgh. Sry for grammar and spelling errors. I'm driving in my car cross contry and still wanted to reply.

13. Stay safe man... I don't want you getting in an accident on my account. I've tried a lot of diff methods with both techniques. I always use bud, and only some of the best trim so starting material is good. My bags are ebay bags though so I do have to upgrade those. They're currently a 4 bag set. I believe I have a 220, 120, 70, 25.
    I usually use snow when I bubble, but that's gonna be gone for a while. In the spirit of honesty I'll freely admit that my plant quality isn't consistent. Some harvests are better then others since I'm semi new to growing. Last two harvests have been the best yet and both were 100% qwiso. Most recent bubble was full melt for all the 70, and almost full for the 120.

I'm putting bubble back into rotation though because I feel the taste holds up very well when smoked on a titanium screen with beeline. Smoking the qwiso can be great tasting but harder to control the temp on a glass nail and you can burn it a bit and negatively impact taste. Qwiso taste is also great in a Illadelph hot slide with an Herb Iron, but the high isn't as hard hitting and the hot slide gets oily fast.

Going forward my harvests will be 50% Qwiso and 50% Bubble though and I'll adjust according to which method is giving my better stuff.

14. Red Baron, I must question your source of information. You are saying they dye the alcohol to make it...clear? And you ARE in America, aren't you? I would think that Iso is pure since it is used medically, and introduced directly into the bloodstream when used as indicated. I'm not saying I wouldn't be surprised if there was nasty shit in there, but I have a sneaking suspicion that you are fucking retarded. Now, can you please reveal the source of your information?

15. So I spent some time on one of the bubble bag forums and it seems its a seriously heated debate if you can even call QWISO Hash, Hash. The resulting product from the use of solvents is referred to oil and not hash by those who care to differentiate.
    Apples and oranges or life and death?
    So I don't know that further name calling on which is better is going to accomplish anything, beyond entertainment for others that is.

16. For bottled spirits over 100 ml actual alcohol content is allowed to vary within 0.15%. That 0.15% that doesn't effect the 100% label, and that is the law within this country.

Second.. Your medical knowledge seems to be biased on whim, I work at a hospital, I asked a couple doctors, they said alcohol shots don't really even exist. Depo-Medrol contain benzyl-alcohol shots, and things similar to them, exist, but to say that's like a shot of isopropyl alcohol is fucking ridiculous.
    Step back and look at yourself calling me a fucking retard and saying "can you please reveal the source of your information?" when all you can do is make outrageous claims with so citation what so ever.

So Actually, Sr. I lay it back at your feet, your are throwing out my warning because you think since its used medically its pure... then you turn a 180 and say "I'm wouldn't be surprised if there was nasty shit in" WHICH IS EXACTLY what you were saying what you said it is pure. You can't even formulate a liner argument, You just said one thing, then contradicted it, then called me a fucking retard... real cool.
    I get my knowledge; from books I've read, people I've talked to and if that hasn't informed me then I research it on the internet. It would be hard to link the first two being as i might not have the material in front of me, and the later is as easy to find as going out and googling it your fuckin self. He's a result from wiki (below)

The main point I am trying to make is that this stuff is mass produced, there are laws saying that the actual content can vary .015%, and there are really nasty chemicals listed here that aren't just gonna gasify and leave your hash.

This is a discussion not a call people fuckin retard if you think you figured out how they are wrong, grow up.

In the United States, rubbing alcohol, USP and all preparations coming under the classification of Rubbing Alcohols must be manufactured in accordance with the requirements of the US Treasury Department, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, using Formula 23-H (8 parts by volume of acetone, 1.5 parts by volume of methyl isobutyl ketone, and 100 parts by volume of ethyl alcohol). It contains 97.5-100% by volume of absolute ethyl alcohol, the rest consists of water and the denaturants, with or without color additives, and perfume oils. Rubbing Alcohol contains in each 100 mL not less than 355 mg of sucrose octaacetate or not less than 1.40 mg of denatonium benzoate.

17. I only said I had a sneaking suspicion you were a retard. And by directly into the bloodstream, I mean by Rubbing into your skin, not a "shot" And "with or without color additives and perfume oils". Which means it is entirely possible for it to have Zero perfumes or dyes.

Which makes sense because I have seen green and orange smelly Iso, but that stuff is 50% or so, which no one would use for hash, when there is 99% available that is Clear and smells of...well...alcohol!

So it is entirely true that the 99% isopropyl alcohol is exactly 99% alcohol and 1% water! I will only concede to the sucrose octaacetate and denatonium benzoate. The sucrose is a bittering agent to discourage retards from drinking it, and is also given to babies to discourage thumb sucking.

And Its use in pesticides is as an adhesive! Because it is sticky! And inert meaning DOES NOT REACT. Know what else is inert? Denatonium benzoate! They use it because it is the bitterest substance known, detectable by humans at 50 parts per BILLION! So we would taste it in our hash if it was in there, but it's apparently not.

You revealed your source as "wiki" and "i work at a hospital" Great, you have internet and possibly stack dead people for a living. I'm a fucking chemistry major dude, this IS my bag. Calling chemicals pesticides and antifreeze because they are USED IN pesticide and antifreeze IS retarded, in my humble opinion.

And I am not contradicting, I wouldn't be surprised because I don't trust my government or the pharmaceutical industry. Look at this The little-told story of how the U.S. government poisoned alcohol during Prohibition. - By Deborah Blum - Slate Magazine and you see what I mean

18. #38 redbarron, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    So your claiming that anything that is inert is safe? Just because the definition says does not react. Fucking moronic. They are not chemicals that u wanna smoke, and no matter how much u talk about Ur major, that doesn't change that fact that they are there and they are left in the hash when the alcho evaporates.

And u neatly avoided that in the us the actual content will very .15% meaning that .15 percent can be anything they want to add, and not on the label. Just another reason y using ISO is retarded when u can use water.

And if you compare rubbing something on your skin to putting it right into your blood stream Ur just an idiot. I don't care if youre the biggest chemistry major ever. U don't know anything, if u conclude that, and then go on to extrapolate that its pure because its used tyopically, your being Rediculious and arguing for the sake of arguing.

Lol I love how u point out that its sticky, wtf its still a foreign chemical that your smoking, so they use it because its sticky, Jesus wtf does that prove.

And further more. The 50ppb thing u said was also retarded. As you might know, assuming youre not really believable claim of a chemistry major is true, that heat can radically changes chemicals. It's vastly more likely that the taste is being neutralized by the burn rather than it magically disappearing. It doesnt evaporate. And to say I don't taste it it can't be there is a silly fingers in the ears lalala I can't hear u attitude.

I'll just throw in that the article you threw up is not confirmed. It's a very unbelievable story that everywhere I look on the internet it seems to say basically that the us began denaturing alco to stop bootleggers from using it. People didn't stop using it so they died. Wow big deal.
    So way to attack my sources calling me a body stacker when you are just a fool finding stories like this and linking them like they prove anything. Let's stick to facts not random conspiratorial bull shit distractions.

19. #39 EntropicJoey, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2011
    ive read through all of this, after having falling "ill" lol from distilling alchohol from wine, the simplest way, i used a crocker pot, and everytime i notice the alchohol gathering at the top of the glass lid, id use my idcard to gather it and id pour it into a glass, i understand that this was all about iso alchohol, but i just want to throw out the idea that all i used was unnaturally (heated) evaporated wine, to get the alchohol so if it had other chemicals, it still was evaporated.. to my lid, lol so wouldnt every bit of it evaporate out of the thc in the same way? oh and i even called poison control aswell lmao, the back of my throat all the wayto my stomache felt cold and my puke tasted like alchohol so i imagine i inhaled a good amount, like -(i cant remember your name and refuse to go back to the page lol) said, dont sit there watching the process..

*edit* also i know alchohol distilled from wine isnt strong enough but it worked for me despite everything lol

20. Very Dangerous! not only to you but that ISO is now loose in the environment where it causes cancer, and birth defects for everyone.

Attached Files: