Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is iowa finally legalizing?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by twitchydude420, Sep 10, 2011.

1. I heard from one of my buds that Iowa might soon be legalizing medical use of marijuana. I did a quick google but could only find one article about it. Can anyone provide more information about this?

Ps. Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I wasn't sure where to put this.

2. If im not mistaken its already legal in iowa but only two people have a "card" and they get something like 300 joints a month from the government but i could be wrong.

3. So that means these 2 people are getting the dirty shwag that the cops get from busts ?

4. No it's definitely not legal here yet. I seriously hope it becomes legal here soon though because I'm sick of having to be paranoid about medicating myself.

5. [quote name='"TIYX"']

So that means these 2 people are getting the dirty shwag that the cops get from busts ?[/quote]

Thats what im guessing it means i doubt they send them dank or even mids

6. No the weed is grown at the University of Mississippi. I doubt it's dank but it's definitely not schwagg.

7. [quote name='"twitchydude420"']I heard from one of my buds that Iowa might soon be legalizing medical use of marijuana. I did a quick google but could only find one article about it. Can anyone provide more information about this?

Ps. Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I wasn't sure where to put this.[/quote]

If you google something and click "news" it shows you any recent articles written.

8. Iowa has a stick up their ass about weed as it is. I would be shocked to be honest

9. #9 Storm Crow, Sep 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2011
    BA142, the Mississippi weed IS schwag!

I met one of the last remaining FEDERAL MMJ patients, Elvy Musicka. This is about Elvy Home and this is about the FEDERAL MMJ program! http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=000257

They take the natural plant, dry it, extract the THC with solvents, and reapply the THC to the ground-up buds, sticks, and stems to create a "standardized product". From what I heard, it is not that good- common "street weed" is superior and compared to what we get as MMJ in Cali, it ain't even close!

As to MMJ in Iowa- haven't heard a thing! How about you dudes get a copy of my List (see the bottom of my sig) and start educating your politicians! Most politicians are older and we old folks are scared silly of Alzheimer's! So this WebMD article is a great one to start with!

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

THC, the key compound in marijuana, may also be the key to new drugs for Alzheimer's disease. That's because the marijuana compound blocks the formation of brain-clogging Alzheimer's plaques better than current Alzheimer's drugs.

That second sentence, on its own, is enough reason to legalize cannabis!

Granny

10. That's her name! I know it started with an E lol. And isn't there also another patient? I can't remember his name, but I believe he's been a politician or activist. Elvy and him are the last two remaining patients to receive marijuana legally by the Federal Government. The first one died a while ago, I can't remember his name, but I believe his first name was "Roger"

11. jesus christ I hope so. doubt it though :mad: