Is humanity changing for the better?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by whacker17, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Its a Q i have had some doubts for some time, wars, hatred, social injustice, mans intolerance of each other, starving countries, babes dying from curable diseases, destroying the planet etc... the list seems endless at times. And when i think of what we could do on this planet if we all just " did whats right " with no political, religious or self serving interference. i can become quite ashamed of humanity and the way things are.

But i saw a documentary the other day, that stated that... in this time (now) there are less, murders, death from wars, rapes, assaults ....etc..

Are we becoming a more compassionate species? are we (mankind) waking up to the possibility of being more humane, forgiving, compassionate, sharing and justice for all .. way of thinking. I sense a change in the world.. the occupy movement for example. Is this the change we (i) hope to see... actually happening?

I'd love to hear the GC views.
    Thanks for reading
    Peace

2. Maybe as a whole on average we might be becoming more compassionate , but also more dangerous with the knowledge we have , so one bad apple could ruin the rest.

3. #3 xpixiex, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
    Yeah, but that's how it's always been.

As for compassion, that is so vague it's almost not worth talking about. Being compassionate doesn't mean being helpful or productive to society or to other people or animals or the earth, whatever that individuals "cause" may be. People can be compassionate yet be detrimental to a cause.

The Occupy Movement seems to be a very misdirected or perhaps misguided effort.

4. I think that as a whole we are becoming more aware and compassionate. Sure distraction is very rampant with things such as consumerism, but I don't see those traits as rising trends any more than I see them as falling ones. I see the other side as rising, though. Hopefully we will be able to reach a tipping point in the right direction but for now we will just have to wait and see.

5. Is the middle east not part of the equation?

6. Certainly it doesn't guarantee productivity, but compassion/empathy can gives the motivation to collaborate , which can lead to productivity , Doctors Without Borders(MSF) being one of them.

7. Not at all

8. It's been a sort of constant when considering a relatively short time period. It doesn't really affect the balance. We are talking trends, not snapshots.

9. nope

plain and simple.

history repeats itself, unfortunately. and we're just along for duh ride

10. It has also not repeated itself, at times.

11. God dammit, we cannot allow this to happen!
    Why was this not mentioned in the presidential campaigns?
    SAVE THE BABES 2014

[​IMG]

12. This is very true, its not just consumerism, ... IMO its a sort of conspiracy, by the controlling powers i.e Government, big business wanting to keep it all the way it is
    They want you hating each other (media bullshit), numb (tv and alcohol) ....they use ALL media to keep you n me in a state of FEAR,.... the worlds bad, stick with our model, idea, system ,,, that is safe. All alternatives are nutters, crackpots,
    And all other ideas, better ways of existing can/are ridiculed through the media.
    Its not a lie... the world is a better place, but i have asked a few friends and ALL of them perceive the world to be a worse place to live in, than previous times. I found that bizarre! But its the truth ... we are living in a safer, more compassionate world than ever before. And even the USA doesn't have any real wars going on,,, so to keep the war machine going, they have invented the " war on terror " to keep you all scared, paying your taxes to fund... what?
    And yeah... we do need to save the babes. I for 1 are signing up.. :)

13. No it isn't.

14. if u dont think it is its becuz u probly arent changing for the better

15. Life is strange... some say its a mirror. A mirror of yourself, what you feel inside, think and believe is what you see and attract in life. ??

I for one think that the world is waking up to a NEW pattern of life n living that serves humanity better than all previous generations
    And i see good people trying to make this a better world for all of us... not just themselves.

My advice to you would be " celebrate the GOOD in the world "
    Change your perspective... change your world.:)
    peace

16. Humanity is undergoing an onset of changes, for the best. Earth is raising it's frequency, to love.

The world will be one by the end of the year.

Humans are falling in love.

17. definitely not it's getting worse. most people only care about themselves and money.

18. You maybe wright but Im curious of one example of history that is original and will remain so.

19. What makes you think it's changing much at all?

20. Our time on this earth is limited if we keep living they way we do. (Ignorant of the consequences our lifestyle has on the earth).