Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is hairy bud better?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by fluffystoner, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Those hairs are called pistils, for anyone interested. They have something to do with plant reproduction and pollenation, but thc isn't stored in them. If what i just read was correct and i understood it, there is some thc stored at the tips of them.

on that note, I picked up some weed last week that was hairy as fuck last week. So hairy there were balls of hair resembling tumbleweeds at the bottom of the bag. Also very fluffy. the eighth barely fit in my container that can usually hold almost a q. It was good, it was just weird looking. Not any better than the typical dank in my area, maybe even a bit worse.

I didn't like it that much though. I was smoking with my neighbor and he really liked the high, so he just gave me 50 for the rest of my eighth and i went and got a new batch. The next was some dense, sticky bud. Liked it a little better :)

2. Harvesting right plays a big factor in that...they could have harvested early before trichs were cloudy. If you have all clear trichs when ya rip em, it isn't nearly as potent.

3. There hairs don't matter so much as the strain itself. The strain decides the buds potency not the hairs.. smoke on :smoke:

4. It all depends, I mean im generally more of a slippery smooth, clean shaven kind of guy when it comes to my buds, but in terms of marijuana, yeah I like it hairy.

5. Newstrain ---Muffberry dream, costs a hell of alot, and may cause brain damage.

6. Whole new meaning to Hot Boxing, hope its squeeky clean Yummy.