Is growing simpler than many make it sound?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Biochemistry, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Checked out your new maui grow. Looks like you have already figured out a few problems. Apologies for being an ass, wasn't my day. Message me if you would like additional input.

2. We all have those days... It's all good. I'm sure I have much to learn but I'm very optimistic about this particular one because it's my first scrog attempt. That said, the more methods you try the more experience you gain and any experience has good in it even if you fail. So grow like you mean it! ugh I'm not even high I yet

3. Most people start and end in hydro.. they rhinknthe more mlney they spend the better rwults not true.... all natural is the essy good way to grow. Good soil a little perlite some himic acid and a little black strapp mollasses during flower and you got dank ass buddies waiting to chill with you

4. [quote name='"CaptHowdy2013"']It definatly depends on how much attention to detail you want to have. It's as easy or as complicated as you want it to be and it all depends on your funds. I'm a first time medical grower and just dumped like $1200 into a hydro grow tent and a 600w light kit and I am %100 positive that I could have achieved much better results with a cooler, easier to maintain grow room that's just as productive as the MH/HPS system I have.

You could simply buy some high watt CFL bulbs, keep your temps down and remove the need to spend hundreds on a/c units, exhaust fans, ect.[/quote]

That's only because it is your first grow. With expierience that 600w of hydro would put any cfl setup to shame.

5. Light is key. Properly tended, hydro will always outproduce soil in the same amount of time. The plant can jump directly to rapid growth because nutrients and minerals are directly applied to roots by way of oxegenated water. Roots also do not have to fight to establish themselves like soil. Roots are more delicate in hydro as a result.