Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is Glassblowing/Headshop a Financially Viable Business?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by kjkjogoug, Dec 30, 2012.

1. I am 18 and am going to start a business after I go to business school. I'm always thinking of business ideas and I thought glassblowing wouldn't be too rough of an investment compared to some other ideas, plus it would be the sickest job in the world to make custom pieces and sell them to other stoners.

The only thing is, is it a money maker? Has anyone owned a headshop or a glassblowing business that they'd like to share some info about? Does anyone have any info on the topic? Thanks!

2. Main problem is do u blow nice sick glass tat will have ppl wanting ur product? If not...good luck...or do u kno sumine who does?

3. Lampworking is a labor of love, not one of profit. Not until you are very skilled.

4. I always thought glassblowing is somewhat of an art. Therefore, no. Unless you're really good at it, as said above.

5. honestly from being friends with a ton of glass blowers on fb I can tell you that even the ones who are top of the game still live a modest life, it is not too profitable but a lot of them love it and could not picture themselves doing anything else because they love glass. If you are not obsessed with glass and the glass culture already or are not heading that way there is a good chance it is not for you. But then again maybe you have not been fully exposed to the amazing art of flameworking!

6. [quote name='"dabinkiller"']I always thought glassblowing is somewhat of an art. Therefore, no. Unless you're really good at it, as said above.[/quote]

This.

7. If you have netflix then you need to watch Degenerate Art. It is all about blowing glass smoke pieces. The stuff they make in the film should be in art galleries.

8. [quote name='"vandybanjo"']If you have netflix then you need to watch Degenerate Art. It is all about blowing glass smoke pieces. The stuff they make in the film should be in art galleries.[/quote]

That's a boss film