Is "glass" "glass" (purity/safety) price justification?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by weedforum123, Mar 26, 2018.

1. #1 weedforum123, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    EDIT: Nevermind

2. If you are worried about the rubber leaching chemicals, replace them with high temp silicone instead.
    Pyrex glass has been used to cook with since its inception, it can take the heat and is safe to smoke out of.
    Go on Amazon and look up scientific equipment glass and that will give you some straight glass pieces and decently thick, plus they are way cheap and most are made in the US

3. The reason glass is considered the purest way is because it is the only material that can be 100% sterilized.

4. the only difference between a cheap glass bong and a brand name one, will be that SOME of the brand name ones will be better designed function-wise, and have thiccer glass. the glass itself will most likely be the same thing. i personally rather have a cheap china glass bong and just take care of it as much as i can. my current china bong is at about 7 or 8 months of daily use, no accidents so far but i'm very careful. a thicc expensive bong will probably not survive the same thing that the china glass won't survive, so it doesn't matter

5. Is there anything you are not scared of?

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. #6 weedforum123, Jul 12, 2018

7. You sound pretty paranoid. It's glass.... it doesn't light on fire or melt or anything. Go to the dollar store and buy the cheapest glass they have there and stick a lighter to it for a solid minute (way longer and hotter than smoking out of it would ever be) and tell me if you see anything happen.

Nothing to worry about.

8. #8 weedforum123, Jul 13, 2018

9. the thickness of the glass and the welds and build is the difference. not chemical composition of the glass

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Borosilicate glass VS soft glass for sure plays a part in cost.