Is GC slowing down???

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Stoopid Toker, Jul 10, 2010.

1. I have noticed that it takes my computer a long time to load posts quite often on this website. While this site is very slow, i have simultaneously used other sites, ones that i would think require much more bandwidth, and they responded just fine.

Obviously, i tried it with everything else closed too, and it still loaded slowly. I dont have any p2p sharing programs or torrents running, i dont have a virus...

However, i still assumed it might be some issue with my wireless at my apartment.

Now, using the same laptop, i am back home, and have noticed the site responding slowing again. Not all the time, but sometimes. It seems like usually it is at night time, probably peak time, so long as "peak" activity on this site correlates to peak activity on gaming servers, since that's what im familiar with.

So anyways, in a very high, long winded fashion... here is my question...

Whats the deal? Why is this site slow??? Is it my computer (I dont think so, but i suppose i could be wrong) or does this site get bogged down at times? I would think that with how popular this site is you could generate enough money to get the servers you need?

2. I've been experiencing downtime as well.

3. it always seem to happen for me around 11:30 (eastern)

4. yea, shits been happening to me too. Took atleast 3minute for this thread to load aha

5. 'tis the server my dear lads and lasses. Slows down when there is a lot of high mofos on this site.

6. Shouldn't let the servers smoke, maaaan. :laughing:

7. same here.

8. I've been trying to get pages to consistently load for over an hour now. Around 1a is when I want to try to get some work done here and this happens every night. The server upgrade can't come soon enough for me. :D

9. Good, glad it's not a problem on my end... and even better, it sounds like there are plans to fix it in the future.

Any idea when the upgrade is expected to happen? 2 days? 2 weeks? 2 months?

10. I've noticed the same thing, usually around midnight Central. Probably just a popular time to get blazed and bs! :D

11. Happens around 11pm CDT for me.

12. I get problems posting threads. A lot of times I have to try to post over and over due to time-outs, or come back hours or a day later.

13. its a may problem.....they may fix it and they may not.....typical server crap. they always pick the best time to purge the servers....