Is Foliar Feeding Worth it / Necessary?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MisterSwisher420, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Hey guys. This is currently my first grow and it seems to be being extremely well.
    I just mix my nutes in a 2 liter and pour a little from one and a little from the other to feed my plants.

But im hearing about foliar feeding and well im starting to prep my 2nd grow just to see what I can do better.
    Does foliar feeding do much? I feel like it's an easy way to burn my plants, because I've been feeding them heavy and haven't even burnt them once.

2. Ahh
    Sounds like foliar feeding could of been nice for one of my plants.

She's doing great now, but as a seeding i was giving them bottled water, and once I started mixing nutes i used tap water that i let sit out for a couple days.
    Her leaves started curling up, like i could see her cringe from 'pain' or whatever plants feel.
    It was probably the pH but she's adjusted. Im growing in soil so pH isn't too big of an issue.

3. PH is significant even in soil, ranges just have to stay between 6-7. That's why 6.5 is optimal feeding. Soil is much harder to change pH wise, easy to raise but a pain to lower. So if it raises above 7 you will have a hell of a time bringing it down.

My current 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow :gc_rocks:

4. Well I guess i got lucky.
    I haven't bought a pH meter yet (cant even afford flowering nutes atm lmao)
    but i haven't had any real pH problems other than 1 fussy plant curling her leaves a bit, and even with that she's growing like crazy.

• Like Like x 1