Is finding a significant other your number one priority?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Elephant Panda, Jan 7, 2013.

1. When you dream of your perfect life, how important is it that you are sharing that life with someone else?

2. Those are two different questions. I'll answer the second one first. Very important, everyone wants someone by their side sharing in their success with love and support.

As for the first question, that'll be second :p

It's definitely not my number one priority. Not something I actively think about either. People think you need to act in life in order for it to happen and be good. Have you ever stopped and tried the alternative? Let things come to you.

3. Pretty important, but I wouldn't force it or settle because of it.

4. I would like to find that perfect soul to be weird with, but Im not going to feel like my life is incomplete if I don't. I have plans.

5. When I see myself in the future, I'm single.

I try to get girls now though.

6. It used to be until my S/O decided I wasn't part of her perfect life. For the moment I have no interest in finding another one. Bettering myself is my number one priority. When i'm happy with who I am the significant other will be on the top of the list.

7. Trust me, there is no more beautiful thing than sharing your life with your soulmate!

8. No, but it'd be nice to meet someone special.

Haven't met anyone like that in a little while.

9. idgaf. I don't need someone else to be happy tbh. It'd be nice though, but I def don't need it to be complete. My priority now is to get money/education and have fun. If a "perfect" spouse comes out of that, great. If not, I'm still chillin'.

10. Not even in the top 100.

11. It was a priority for a long time... Go figure that when I stopped considering that a priority and decided to not even be interested in relationships, I happened upon the perfect partner and eventually married the fuck out of him. :p

12. I sure hope i find someone.

13. #13 Chief Smokalottapiff, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
    Honestly it was a huge deal to me ever since I was little up until a little over a year ago when I fell for some crazy ass manipulative broad who don't know what she wants... you all know the type. Lol.

That kind of opened my eyes that maybe having a girlfriend at this point in my life isn't as fun or important to me as I had thought.

After I realized how fucking crazy she was and cut contact I kind've just been enjoying being single all this time. And I mean fucking ENJOYING THAT SHIT!

Every once in a while I think about what my life would be like if I was in a relationship right now, and just laugh and shake my head. I'd barely have any money or time to myself, and those are two things I fucking need. A lot of. Dealing with the drama, the attempted guilt trips, manipulation and just general bullshit, all for some steady pussy...that's what I don't need.

At this point, I honestly don't even see myself needing it ever. My number one priority is financial success. If I have that, I could easily live by myself, and just have a one night stand with some girl I just met every once in a while, no attachments. I'm kind of a lone wolf, so I think it would be perfect. Never wanted kids either, and that's something I don't think will ever change.

I kind of want to thank that girl for totally changing my perspective on relationships, and women in general, even though she was a total cunt in the end. And to begin with, I just didn't see it then.

Thanks ******. You taught me a lot of valuable lessons, and a lot about myself, and I'm a better man because of it. I just hope you're at least treating the dude you're with now with some respect and not putting him through the same mind games, considering he's kind of been my boy since the 6th grade. Lol.

14. i never even do this... such a waste of energy

15. Meh. Been single for the last yearish and I'm just starting to want to get back out there. I want to be with someone but I don't think I really have it in me to be in a long term relationship. Nowt now anyways.

16. It would have to a pretty damn good person. I'd rather be alone then settle for a mediocre person. :)

17. Damn, straight.

18. I already have mine. Now I got other shit to worry about.

19. I would love to have it but I don't expect it nor do I actively pursue it, I'll know myself well enough to know that I will know when it happens.

20. Really? You have no goals? No hopes? No dreams?