Is fertilizer and nutes necessary?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by juniornac, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Im growing for personal use and for a few friends, Im not looking for monster yields or anything. Can i grow without fertilizer and nutes?

2. #2 fracturtle, Dec 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2009
    plants need food the same as humans do, otherwise they will grow and thrive until their body runs out of a food source and begins to consume itself to the point of death.

without a source of nutrients, your plants will starve to death.

3. Sure, as long as you also grow without water and light. :rolleyes:

4. lol ok, im using fox farms ocean forest soil, i water every 2-3 days. What fertilizer do u recommened sir?

5. Oneness is good foxfarm supernova is very good, veg nutrients seem to be all the same to me the critical time is when you change to flowering

6. Yes and no.

No, you cannot grow without fertilizer/nutrients.

Yes, you can buy or make soil that includes all the nutrients the plant will need during it's life so you only need to add water thereafter. There is some good info on this in the organic growing section on this forum.

It seems like a minor distinction, but using the right soil can save you the hassle of further nutrient additions later.

7. bat guano is cheap organic and easy to use. check it out:smoke:

8. If you get intouch with Advanced Nutrients and ask them for samples they'll send you there 8 bottle program (8 x 1Quart bottles). They'll charge you for shipping and handling ($25 bucks for me).
    FYI. I've got some Bagseed in late flowering and good genetics at 3 weeks (just past germ). I wanted the nutrients for my Blue Diesels and Killing Kush but thought, "what the hell" and whipped up a Gallon of the flowering solution for my BagLadies.. 2 days later they are sending out new growth and the buds have new calyxes that are fat and juicy looking (like 3 times wider than what I was seeing before - calyxes - not the buds..lol)

Yeah, its a definete plus and this way you get to try them virtually for free.

Peace Bro!!

9. and seeds... lol :)

10. Is fert and nut the same thing?