Is EXIF removed from photos taken with samsung galaxy Android phone

Discussion in 'Grasscity Forums App' started by Deleted member 1136018, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Does grasscity forum app automatically remove EXIF data when photos are uploaded and is there any possibility of someone being able to extract EXIF data from pictures taken with my phone, even after being removed automatically? I am concerned about my legal grow as well as the safety of my household and neighbors.

2. @Chunk
    Being one of our Moderators he can answer that but I believe the City does scrub the location data.

BNW

3. in your camera settings there should be an option to disable geo data, also if you upload it to a computer you can remove that information by right clicking > properties > details > remove properties and personal information at the bottom. idk if gc removed this data it's self but if you wanna take the extra steps thats how.

4. Anyone have a Galaxy S21 5G? The only setting I see says add location tags, which I'm uncertain is the same as EXIF data.

5. thats the exif data for the location. it may contain information about the phone used and time of day the photo was taken, but the geo location data will be removed. you can probably get an app to go a step further and remove the rest with out a computer.

6. OK, I'm just gonna put it back up, at least I'll know at the end of the grow that it's safe rather then not be able to put pictures of my grow up