Is Evidence a Pre-Requisite of Logic?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by ReturnFire333, Jun 14, 2018.

1. I believe so, which is great, now we can discuss things beyond this little debate, if youd like.

Sent from my VS995 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Sounds good to me, you do understand why I'm right now and not just assuming that you're still correct?

3. I am under the impression that you were thinking exclusively of the human endeavour of applied logic, whereas I was using it that way and in the way of the natural processes that logic is analogous to or trying to emulate.

4. In much the same way that we use math to describe and emulate the physical processes which gives us the ability to model aspects of reality.

5. Agreed. Now stop believing in a God without evidence, lol. What else do you want to discuss?

6. Actually this segways right into my belief in an intelligent Creator. When we see the patterned processes of nature we deduce that we can recognize these patterns because we are analogues of the Creator. We assume nature is logical and patterned because it is a reflection of the 'mind of God' as it were.

But if you dont want to get into all that I understand, we can pick something else lmao.

7. So you're back to believing in shit without evidence. Do you have discord?

• Like Like x 1
  8. We all believe in shit without evidence, the only question is how well justified those beliefs are.

Basic belief - Wikipedia

No I do not

9. You should download discord and discuss this with my friend and I, if you can tolerate being called retarded by him.

He only does it to stay sane, since he's already thought of all this shit and is just arguing shit he already knows.

10. Sounds somewhat entertaining but there are plenty of flaws in what you summarized he said, and if he thinks he has nothing to learn it is pointless.

The guy I recommended you watch in debate is like that too, only he is vastly more knowledgeable than most people myself include, but I still don't care for his attitude at times.

11. No, he wants to be proven wrong, and has the capability to. Download discord. Honestly once you get past his bullshit, you'll enjoy the debate, he has more to offer than I do.

12. Get him on here, we can start a private message room with the 3 of us.

Perhaps if he seems worth it I will discord with you guys on some weekends.

13. Everything I said came from his logic, seeing as how he convinced me. He won't go out of his way to sign up for this website, I know him. He's playing a video game. But it's whatever.

14. What did he do to convince you?

15. Refuted my point well enough to make me realize I was wrong?

16. Did he provide you with falsifiable evidence or just a logical refutation?

17. Uhh.... logical refutation? I don't see how there is falsifiable evidence in this context.

18. I whole heartedly agree, you just answered your title question.

Alright what else can we hammer out?

19. The thread title was a misrepresentation of the claim. To not misrepresent it, I would have said, is it logical to believe in something without evidence.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Actually, it was falsifiable evidence, since the evidence is the usage of words and language and how they have clear pre established meanings.

If you disagree with this, you're just going back into our original debate, which is already settled.