Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is eating weed unhealthy?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Trippin0898, Feb 4, 2005.

1. I don't think anyone would deny that smoking weed regularly is bad on the lungs. Smoking anything is bad, really, but weed is just a plant how bad could it be if you just eat it naturally? I've heard lots of information about how tar and monoxide get into your body when you smoke weed but I can't really find much information on it in it's natural form. Does anyone know what the health effects of just eating it are or can you link me to a site that could help me? Thanks.

2. It's great for you.

Raw hemp is a very very very nutrisious food.
    Cooking is is just as good.

Not unhealthy at all... just a little expensive on a regular basis.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. as unhealthy as some broccoli or a carrot.

perfectly fine.

fiber... yumm :D

4. weed is a product of mother nature...therefor what can be wrong wit it??peace

5. ye my dad eats hemp protein powder

6. hahaha in my rehab booklet thing it gives a parents guide on how to get your children not to smoke yet one of the thing says what to say when your kid says "pot is a natural plant how can it be bad for you" they said your response should be "so is poison ivy and poison oak"

7. lets not forget that just eating weed straight up doesn't get you high, but its certainly not bad for you.

8. then why do people make cannabis butter? and put it in when they make brownies and what not and say they get messed up?

9. He said 'straight up', as in eating it without cooking it in fat or alcohol. Cooking it or soaking it in alcohol extracts the thc, that's how you get high from ingesting it. I.E. You can't just eat it straight off the plant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ok i see, i just figured that when you make the butter it extracts the thc so if you eat it straight up the thc would like extract when your stomach acid eats it up or something like that im not too sure but i yea i just figured if you ate it the thc would extract somehow.... thnx for the info though.. weed taste nasty anyways, why would you want to eat it raw? ive ate some shake before... nasty stuff

11. You dont eat it raw, you bake it in cakes or brownies, or get hash and shake and mix it in with a yougart.

12. hahaha yeah i got pulled over once an i had to eat 2 grams i felt alil werid for alil not a high like lite headed you feel like you wanna boot but i didnt i mean it wont kill you but i dont recomend it plus why eat it if can smoke it thats the whole idea..you wanna eat somthin do shrooms but be very careful cause you could get a bad batch and you can fuck your self up you can get food poision really bad..shrooms are food poisining when you eat them but not in a bad way..

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. grabing a fresh bud, like right out of the garden, chew fully, and swallow, is an awesome high. takes an hour or two, forget dealing with reality until tomorrow morning. i've woken up stoned even.

14. Ummm... yea... that doesn't work.

15. most people, don't like the idea of just eating it. me and a friend for 40yrs agree, it doesn't get much better.

16. Now THAT was fucking hilarious Reps man.

17. You have to heat it up to active it's psychoactive properties. Just eating it will not get yoy high. Common knowledge.

18. Eating straight up weed is not unhealthy considering its just a plant. But you also have no effects. Thc is stored in fats, meaning it needs to be activated some how. Heat, is one way of activating it. Finding it in thc butter is because of the fats in the butter. So finalized answer, yoy can eat it raw, but it should have no effect, MABEY a belly ache but i really dont know.

19. It is probably a lot healthier eating weed than smoking it. Combustion creates all sorts of nasty chemicals.

20. What in the fuck load of misinformation is going on in this thread.... First potjoehead shrooms are not food poisoning please go read a book, everyone else, some people get a affect from eating raw cannabis it's usually minor everyones' metabolisms are different,we heat cannabis to decarb it changing thc-a into THC, and yes cannabis is fat soluble that's why we use butter, but coconut oil or MCT oil is a better choice also adding sunflower lecithin helps make the thc more bio-available in your body, which is what we are trying to do, oh and eating raw cannabis is totally safe but you may like myself get a stomach ache from it raw cannabis is hard on the digestive tract (for most people)

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1