Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is dispensary legal weed sprayed with pesticides? Is it Veganic?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by weedforum123, Mar 26, 2018.

1. #1 weedforum123, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    EDIT: Nevermind

2. Depends on what state your in. Every state has diffrent restrictions for commercial growers.
    The lighting question is weird I know ya have to protect your eyes from like leds and hps lighting. Do you light your house by candle light? Like some little house on the prairie shit?

3. "most of the legal dispensary weed is grown indoors, right?"

Wrong.

"So therefore no bugs to need to spray the shjt with pesticides or fungicides, right?"

Wrong.

"Or do they spray the shjt outa it with sketchy chemicals and shjt?"

Not usually..

Sometimes there is sometimes there isn't.

"And is legal veganic weed popular?"

Never even heard of it before today, I'm going to go out on a limb and say no...

" I looked up veganic gardening because I'm a vegan and it seems to be pretty big in the weed community but I'm not sure what legal plantations use for fertilizers."

What weed community are you part of..

"If something is 'organic' it can mean that it still uses chicken and cow shjt as nitrogen fertilizer but just that those chickens and cows have to be fed organic food. I would much prefer my weed not be grown in shjt whether it's organic shjt or not.
    Veganic means basically rock powder dust for certain minerals and things like alfalfa meal for other parts of the fertilziers (basically no animal shjt or blood or crushed up fish or crushed up feathers used as fertilizer). Who wouldn't want that?"

Anyone who wants fat quality dense nugs. Dissolved nitrogen is a massive component and it's a gas unless modified.

"secondary question, if grown indoors and uses fake lighting, is that lighting a concern for radiation etc?"

Every time you step out in the sun you receive more radiation than if you stuck your head in a microwave and left it on for 30 minutes.

Thank you, I have to go kill my self now because even the goddamn cannabis we inhale has to be pussified by someone....

Also ask your dispensary next time instead of a weed forum that has no clue about your dispensary or even your area, they will likely have the answers you seek.

"Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'
    Tossed salad and scrambled eggs.."

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. You have to protect your eyes because the spectrum intensity is more than we can process and will damage the retina. It's like looking at the sun but not quite as bad.

5. Indoor growers deal with pests. I don't mind growing weed in shit. Worm shit from my worm farm is some of the best shit.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well aware of the dangers of intense lighting in a grow tent but, wasn’t going to try to explain it to someone who seemed to be paranoid about everything in life.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 weedforum123, Mar 26, 2018

9. Yeah I get ya I grow my own so I don’t have to give government $$$ and I know what’s gone into it. May not be 25% thc but I don’t need all that I don’t have a crazy tolerance and I’m not dying of cancer.

10. #11 weedforum123, Mar 26, 2018

11. I'm not exaggerating. Microwaves don't give off much radiation however the sun gives off metric shit tons of radiation. Fortunately we have a thing called an ozone layer which reflects and mitigates the intensity of solar radiation but the damage we caused to it means radiation levels have increased greatly in the last 70 years.

12. Again nitrogen is incredibly important to growing plants, nitrogen is a gas usually however through absorption, consumption and feces it can be used (even organically) as a dissolved nutrient.

13. I'm so glad I don't go through life scared of everything.

14. I think if you are that serious about what your cannabis is grown in you just need to do it yourself, a shop isn't going to tell you their full growing procedure and what nutrients they use, they will label their cannabis with the state pesticide regulations and thats about it

15. #16 weedforum123, Mar 26, 2018

16. Shit
    The word is shit.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. #18 weedforum123, Mar 26, 2018

18. In Oregon, the weed is tested before it goes out for sale to the public. It's tested for pesticidies. I know one dispensary bought the weed, had it tested and it was full of pesticides. they advertised how they had to eat the price they paid the grower, and now the grower is supposed to have it tested before they take it to the dispensary.

19. up here just use black volcanic dirt and
    Urine as fertilizer? Yes, it is an excellent source of ...
    www.healthy-vegetable-gardening.com/urine-as-fertilizer.html
    One day’s worth of urine (about 1.3 liters) contains around 14 grams of nitrogen. Therefore, as a ball park figure, a day’s worth of urine is a year’s worth of nitrogen for a 3’ x 4’ area. Multiply this by the number of days in a year, and you will find that one person’s urine meets the annual nitrogen requirements for a 50’ x 110’ area.